Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just wondering what people think about sites like WPT and is it better to pay a monthly subscription or use that money for cash games and tournaments on other sites?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't think I've ever heard about rooms that operate requiring a subscription from players. Do they still have rake? I don't know the details, but I think the regular system of organising games is better.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played both and its more about what choice you want to make.

With say CLUBWPT, you will get checks when you win every time. Its nice they paid out so quickly and took care of the players. You are limited to the game you play at times. FYI, I won my 1st wsop seat on one of these sites. Problem is the monthly fee.

As for the poker sites. You will need to find they way to get your funds when you want them. The big ones do pay out but you never know what could happen in the future. If your a good player you may never need to deposit again or at least not make a lot of deposits. If you have a problem you could lose alot of money as well.

Personally, I play the poker sites. I play lower stakes and just keep rolling the funds. I wont ever get rich but I am having fun. Don't take this as a negative to the sub sites. I did well on them but paying every month and say I don't play a lot for a few weeks is my issue. I am not locking in where I feel I have to play.

Last edited:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather not pay and play where there is no need to pay.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Subscriptions vs pay to play

I don't think I've ever heard about rooms that operate requiring a subscription from players. Do they still have rake? I don't know the details, but I think the regular system of organising games is better.

Site like ClubWPT are subscription based so you pay $20/month and you can play in a variety of “free” tournaments for cash prizes or seats to various live tournaments like WSOP. (Not really free because your subscription funds them)

I’m not sure of all the restrictions (someone mention limited tables at a time) and I know nothing about the type of prize money you can win.

Just seems like a monthly subscription let’s you know exactly how much you could be down even if you never cash. But potentially play in lots of tournaments and have the potential to cash more often with less risk. $20 could go quickly on a pay for play site

On the flip side (as someone said). If you don’t play then you’re paying for nothing.

Still pondering…hmmmm

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to pay a subscription in a poker room, for that you have your own money to play at the tables.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see the need for paid subscription sites at all. Our community is all that a player needs to develop and improve skills. In addition, our daily freerolls will allow you to build a bankroll and not spend your own money on the game. The CardsChat community is the best place for poker players.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
CardsChat vs subscriptions

I don't see the need for paid subscription sites at all. Our community is all that a player needs to develop and improve skills. In addition, our daily freerolls will allow you to build a bankroll and not spend your own money on the game. The CardsChat community is the best place for poker players.

So I’m fairly new to CardsChat, but I must say…I’m totally on board with this thought. The free rolls and the forums are a great way to gain experience and advice. There’s also the 30 day course that I’m about to start. Thanks CardsChat!

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
Honestly, this is the first time I've heard of paid poker soys, now there are a lot of free rooms. So why pay?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there's rooms that ask for subscription well that's a new lol but I don't think it worth when there's so many other ways in poker