Nice Tourist - Borgata

p215j

p215j

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much play B&M every weekend, 2-5nl or 5-10nl {legendary action} at the Borgata, Caesars, or Tropicana in AC. Hell sometimes I go during the weekdays as well. I’ve seen it all playing that much poker every single week. Trust me. Anyhow.

Nice Tourist :)

This story is 100% true.

Borgata. Been playing for a few hours, 2-5NL {awesome action}, chatting it up between hands with a regular to my immed left who I’m friendly with & a tourist who’s never played live but was trying to hang with the action. Nice guy but obviously out of his league at a table full of Barracuda’s. Thanks ESPN!

Anyhow, full 10 seated table, I make a pretty standard button raise of $30, A10os, get 4 callers. [pot $150.] Flop comes A69 rainbow. Everyone checks around to me {again standard}, I make it $50. to go. 2 flat calls, 1 a maniac the other the tourist [pot $300.] Hmm, he’s played 8 hands total in 2hrs or so; he’s definitely got something. Draw? AJ, AQ, AK? All I know he’s attentive, wide-eyed, shoulders broad, right up on the table & directly to my right.

Js on the turn, ish! This can’t be good. Getting a funny feeling right about now. But then again, surprisingly everyone checks around to me, I decide to define my hand, fire $150, maniac pauses then folds, tourist with only $235 left flat calls me instantly [pot $600.]. Walking the dog? At least I got the info I was searching for, which is: I’m in trouble; I KNOW I’m beat!

River brings Ad giving me trips, tourist immediately sighs then kind of melted slightly away from the table in extreme dejection. Hmm, I pick up on this immed, he disgustedly checks to me, I instantly fire $100 into the pot [$700] to which he paused, looks around the table in horror :eek: turns to me, shows me his hand, which the players to my left saw as well and says to me dejectedly :mad: “I only had this.” then kindly throws his hand into the muck in disdain. The players to my left almost fell out of their seats, as did I! :eek: He got up shook my hand, grabbed his $85, wished everyone good luck & left with his friend. Nice Tourist :)

Nice Tourist’s :) 6s6d hand

cascat

cascat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor guy, getting rivered like that. ;)