Need advice. Multiple Full Tilts accounts from my computer...

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can have two accounts from the same computer/household. Husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend etc at FTP. Like you say, just can't play at the same tables and so on.
Yeah, knowing which account(s) were the originals is the tricky part for you and that will need to be explained to FTP.
You could start to type out what you want to say to them in advance so that you get everything right in your head.

Don't forget that when you started to discover what your ex had been up to, you started to look at hand histories and searching some of the names on the rogue accounts etc.
Make sure you tell FTP about doing so as they will most likely have such things logged somewhere or other anyway. Try to be consistent with dates and reasons because the moment FTP start seeing inconsistencies in your explanations, they will start to play hard-ball with you.
If you do contact them, consider by-passing customer service and head straight over to their security department instead.
Show willing, show concern, and show you wish to resolve the issue in a positive way. Anything that they might require from you will always be do-able/possible, they won't ask for the impossible. Have patience with them too, the whole thing might take a while to sort out. Good luck.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't forget that when you started to discover what your ex had been up to, you started to look at hand histories and searching some of the names on the rogue accounts etc.
Make sure you tell FTP about doing so as they will most likely have such things logged somewhere or other anyway. Try to be consistent with dates and reasons because the moment FTP start seeing inconsistencies in your explanations, they will start to play hard-ball with you.
If you do contact them, consider by-passing customer service and head straight over to their security department instead.
Show willing, show concern, and show you wish to resolve the issue in a positive way. Anything that they might require from you will always be do-able/possible, they won't ask for the impossible. Have patience with them too, the whole thing might take a while to sort out. Good luck.

Just to be clear (and this is probably of little consequence), he told me about what he had done before the cc/bank statement showed up. He never mentioned the additional FT accounts, as it understandably didn't seem to matter, compare to what he'd done to me. I just learned of all of them a week or 2 ago, looking in the hand history section. As I mentioned before, it's unbelievable (even to me) that I never noticed them before. Also of little consequence probably, is that the weekend before he told me what he had done, I tried to use my ATM card on a weekend, and it was locked. :eek: I had no idea why. This was a Wachovia ATM/credit card (which I have since chanced to ATM ONLY, since I normally use an AAdvantage and/or United Mileage Plus for all my credit card expenditures. But this was when he knew it was a matter of days before I'd find out. Yes, I'll address it to 'security'. Thanks so much again!

Last edited:
Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really sorry you are in this situation, and guess it kind of dampens your fun playing poker. I can only say what others have said...honesty and frankness should be the way to go. Really hope this works out for you, good luck and do keep us posted on how things go.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really sorry you are in this situation, and guess it kind of dampens your fun playing poker. I can only say what others have said...honesty and frankness should be the way to go. Really hope this works out for you, good luck and do keep us posted on how things go.

Nah, doesn't really dampen my fun. :) My outlook has always been "Don't cry over spilt milk, but always learn from your mistakes'. And it's taken me a long way in keeping my sanity to the (relative) max and stress levels to a (again, relative) minimum. :p Thanks so much for the reply and good wishes. :D

Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, doesn't really dampen my fun. :) My outlook has always been "Don't cry over spilt milk, but always learn from your mistakes'. And it's taken me a long way in keeping my sanity to the (relative) max and stress levels to a (again, relative) minimum. :p Thanks so much for the reply and good wishes.

Great attitude :) guess things could be a lot worse, but still, hope you get it sorted in your favour. Best of luck.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i meant lawyer but mind was in a different place :eek:

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish you luck in clearing up this nightmare. The best advice I've read here is to tell Full Tilt and tell them FAST. Don't let them notify you about the accounts. Good Luck

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck to you. You need to make it very clear to FT that charges were put on your card illegally and these accounts on FT need to be closed. Touble is FT will most likely close your account too. FT should have caught it when more then one account was opened with the same card. Worst thing is that with FT and other on-line sites, you are totally at there mercy.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<insert agreement with all above about telling FT first and being completely honest about the whole situation>

Another key item to be specific about with them is that he has been in prison since July 2008. That means when you tell them about the various IDs, they will be able to confirm that none of those IDs have been accessed since July. That should be a huge plus for you. And if you can further back that up with any sort of legal record (freedom of information act, if necessary) that shows he went to prison and when, then even better.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely DO NOT let sleeping dogs lie, or the problem will never be sorted out. My guess would be that everything will be fine until you try to withdraw, so contact them before you try to withdraw anything. This guy presumably is guilty of fraud, if he used your credit card without your permission, so it might be a good idea to get the police involved too.

I pretty much go with this idea. You MUST contact FT security right away (even though they are idiots) :). This is pretty serious and may well come back and bite you somewhere down the line if you do not try to nip it in the bud now. Better to choose the time to fight your battle and put it all on the table instead of waiting for the day FTP finds out on its own (and they most likely will someday--Murphys Law says it will be at the most inconvenient moment).

Best of Luck

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry about the Bad Luck. :(

I think the majority of us think the same thing.
Let Full Tilt know what happened and take it from there.
icon14.gif

Full Tilt is a very good poker site and I'm sure they help you out.
I would get it over with and except there ruling and move on.

:) :) :)

Again Very sorry life has dealt you some crap cards.

Best of Luck.

:cool:

PS
ambient noise > hmmm ;)

Ip's are assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) by DHCP Server Software. They may be Static(Stay the same) or they may be Dynamic(Change at a predetermined time). This time is configured and controlled by the ISP's DHCP software and the type of service you have (DSL, Cable ect..) and the ISP itself. The ISP typically assigns and IP to the MAC Address of DSL or Cable Modem. A MAC Address is uniquely specific to a NIC (network interface card). The modem can be running DHCP Software thereby allowing multiple IP's to multiple PC's or you may have a Router in between the DSL or Cable Modem giving you the same results.

Typically poker sites Log your IP and MAC address.
This is ambient noise I guess. ;)

Much more in depth details but.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz would put you to sleep know doubt.
icon13.gif

Just my opinion of course.

:D :D :D

Hope everything works out .........

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish you luck in clearing up this nightmare. The best advice I've read here is to tell Full Tilt and tell them FAST. Don't let them notify you about the accounts. Good Luck

Thanks Kona! I plan on doing it tomorrow, er, later today. If they haven't notified me in almost 2 years, not going to panic. Better to be careful with a well-worded email. Thanks much!

Best of luck to you. You need to make it very clear to FT that charges were put on your card illegally and these accounts on FT need to be closed. Touble is FT will most likely close your account too. FT should have caught it when more then one account was opened with the same card. Worst thing is that with FT and other on-line sites, you are totally at there mercy.

Not what I want to hear, but must face that possibility. Yes, I'm totally at their mercy. We all are. And yes, they should have caught it. That's why the tone of my email to them will not be apologetic, just the facts - I've done nothing wrong, I am the victim here, and they are partially (I'll be polite about it) to blame. I will 'ask' them if they keep track of credit cards, verify matching the credit cards to name and addresses and names of acct holders, that kind of thing.

<insert agreement with all above about telling FT first and being completely honest about the whole situation>

Another key item to be specific about with them is that he has been in prison since July 2008. That means when you tell them about the various IDs, they will be able to confirm that none of those IDs have been accessed since July. That should be a huge plus for you. And if you can further back that up with any sort of legal record (freedom of information act, if necessary) that shows he went to prison and when, then even better.
I will mention it for sure. More I think about it, that will probably make him look like he's the guilty party here too. Well, I'm not sure they'll even ask for proof, and I won't offer it. Just the thought of that kind of bureaucratic red tape is raising my blood pressure. I will tell them August, since it was end of July, and don't need them coming back with "Well, we show he was logged in in July". Thanks for the help, JD!

Last edited:
Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much go with this idea. You MUST contact FT security right away (even though they are idiots) :). This is pretty serious and may well come back and bite you somewhere down the line if you do not try to nip it in the bud now. Better to choose the time to fight your battle and put it all on the table instead of waiting for the day FTP finds out on its own (and they most likely will someday--Murphys Law says it will be at the most inconvenient moment).

Best of Luck
Yup, yup, yup. Just hope the idiot is not also an a-hole. :p Thanks for the help!

Sorry about the Bad Luck. :(

I think the majority of us think the same thing.
Let Full Tilt know what happened and take it from there.
icon14.gif

Full Tilt is a very good poker site and I'm sure they help you out.
I would get it over with and except there ruling and move on.

:) :) :)

Again Very sorry life has dealt you some crap cards.

Best of Luck.

:cool:

PS
ambient noise > hmmm ;)

Ip's are assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) by DHCP Server Software. They may be Static(Stay the same) or they may be Dynamic(Change at a predetermined time). This time is configured and controlled by the ISP's DHCP software and the type of service you have (DSL, Cable ect..) and the ISP itself. The ISP typically assigns and IP to the MAC Address of DSL or Cable Modem. A MAC Address is uniquely specific to a NIC (network interface card). The modem can be running DHCP Software thereby allowing multiple IP's to multiple PC's or you may have a Router in between the DSL or Cable Modem giving you the same results.

Typically Poker Sites Log your IP and MAC address.
This is ambient noise I guess. ;)

Much more in depth details but.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz would put you to sleep know doubt.
icon13.gif

Just my opinion of course.

:D :D :D

Hope everything works out .........

Well, if these are the worst cards life has to deal me, I can live with it. I've already long moved on from this parasite, and will move on from FT if they show no mercy - but I can only hope they will. Thanks for all the info on the IP stuff. You're right though, I am now ready for bed. zzzzzzzz..... ;)

Last edited:
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreeing with the majority here miss dive, you need to contact full tilt customer support ASAP girl. i have dealt with them before (none really relating to this type of situation obviously. Very unfortunate situation, but you may actually be ok.

i personally created 2 accounts on fulltilt but not intentionally to be fraudulent. i had one account and all of a sudden my chat was cut off cuz someone ratted me out for swearing lol. so i wanted another account so that i could talk to the others at my table, i like conversation. i just got an email from them the other day saying that they are cancelling one of my accounts that way i can play off my main one.

so in your case, if you give them your main account..your divebitch acct i take it. i would tell them everything and tell them the ONLY accnt that you use is your divebitch and see if there is anyway possible to transfer all cash to that accnt. i think you should be ok and they will understand, i think you can even talk on the phone with a full tilt representative if you wish. best of luck to you, please keep us all updated with what happens. o and DO NOT let the dogs lie, do not do not do not! stupid idea, u will get nothing when you cash out if you let the dogs lie now.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i personally created 2 accounts on fulltilt but not intentionally to be fraudulent. i had one account and all of a sudden my chat was cut off cuz someone ratted me out for swearing lol. so i wanted another account so that i could talk to the others at my table, i like conversation. i just got an email from them the other day saying that they are cancelling one of my accounts that way i can play off my main one.

so in your case, if you give them your main account..your divebitch acct i take it. i would tell them everything and tell them the ONLY accnt that you use is your divebitch and see if there is anyway possible to transfer all cash to that accnt. i think you should be ok and they will understand, i think you can even talk on the phone with a full tilt representative if you wish. best of luck to you, please keep us all updated with what happens. o and DO NOT let the dogs lie, do not do not do not! stupid idea, u will get nothing when you cash out if you let the dogs lie now.

You see that, they found 2 accounts for you, and caught it. Kinda mysterious they didn't catch mine. :confused: Regardless of where the accts were created, he played under 5 or 6 names from my computer.

Actually 'divebich' is my only acct ever. I did not create a single one of these other accts. I doubt there is much if any money in them. If they offer to transfer, I'll take it, that money should be mine. But I'm very hesitant to ask, as they are not and never have been my accts - only created (at least half of them) on my computer. So even though that person stole money from me, FT may not see it as their place to transfer it to me, and I fully respect that. Now they may very well view them as my accts, I really don't know. Thanks for the good advice and wishes.

BTW, I didn't know they had phone support. People usually complain about how long it takes them to return an email. Maybe if you offer your phone #, they'll call you? I'd really, really like that.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow Dive, that sucks. I'm sure you've got enough advice on what to do. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with all that.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow Dive, that sucks. I'm sure you've got enough advice on what to do. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with all that.

Yes, lots of great, helpful advice. CCers rock! Hopefully, it will be quick and painless, we shall see. Thanks much, Triggalos!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely talk to them and explain the whole situation, just as you have done here. They may temporarily close the divebich account while they investigate, but you should be ok. I've seen others who intentionally made another account (for rakeback or whatever) who were found out and still got to keep the original. I think in some cases they even transferred the money over from the other account back to the original.

I would definitely ask to speak to someone over the phone in your email, and provide your phone number. You have to provide that at sign-up anyway, so it can't hurt.

I think if you contact them with all the info, you will be fine. Keep us posted on how things go.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Divebitch,

Just like everyone else here, I hope this turns out well for you. If all that you have said here is true, and there are no main bits of info left out then I believe fulltilt should work with you to work this out, and if they do it will do a great deal in strenghtening my faith in the integrity of all online poker sites. Like most people have said here, I think you should be honest and let fulltilt know you are willing to co-operate and give any relevent info they may need. When you initiate the correspondence you should give your telephone number and let them know you wish to speak to someone in person ( I think you will be able to explain your situation on the phone much better than in email form).

Not sure if I missed this but I'm not sure if you stated that the accounts were created in your name, or if your ex created them in his name using your credit card. If this is the case then this will go a long way in swinging the outcome in your favour. (I know in these days online that it is very easy to make purchases using someone elses credit card). If fulltilt allowed someone to set up a poker account using my credit card then I would not only be unimpressed, but I would be downright upset and concerned and would let fulltilt know this.

In any case when pleading your case I think you should also highlight that you had just begun playing online poker and you were quite ignorant to most of the rules and regulations. Let them know that you do not wish to cheat them or anyone else and that you just want to have this sorted so that you can once again enjoy using their services.

Just my 2 cents
Diamond

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad story Dive :mad:.

I'd tell FT the whole story before requesting withdrawal, too.

FT will probably only recognize multiple accounts once you request withdrawal.

If you don't tell them beforehand they'll close all your accounts.:eek:

This reminds me that I ought to contact FT too....

As my girlfriend and I moved together one and a half years ago we created an FT - account using her credit card number and her name.

That's the "GRAF" in "Grafkarow" btw.

As I wanted to create my own she said:"Rather play on my account, I'll be playing play-money anyway..."

So I played on hers (FT allows using your partners account if he/she is unable to play so I thought ok no big deal).

Some weeks later though I thought :" If I ever qualify for some event she will have to play it instead of me :eek::(".

So I insisted on making my own account, the one I'm still playing with.

We never colluded or even played at the same time (we only have one computer)

but I still need to know from FT whether having these two accounts on one computer is a problem or not (before winning big :D)

Back to your problem - contact FT and see whether you can get it fixed and please keep us posted about the outcome.

Last edited:
P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know why they wouldn't cooperate with you since YOU are the one who discovered this and YOU are the one contacting THEM. I'm just sure this will work out for you if you are totally honest. The best to you.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely talk to them and explain the whole situation, just as you have done here. They may temporarily close the divebich account while they investigate, but you should be ok. I've seen others who intentionally made another account (for rakeback or whatever) who were found out and still got to keep the original. I think in some cases they even transferred the money over from the other account back to the original.

I would definitely ask to speak to someone over the phone in your email, and provide your phone number. You have to provide that at sign-up anyway, so it can't hurt.

I think if you contact them with all the info, you will be fine. Keep us posted on how things go.

Yeah, they probably will close my account for awhile. :( Maybe I'll do it after our FR this afternoon. Gotta do my taxes now anyway. :p Yes, the phone # is in my acct info, but I will resend. Just wondering how much info I should give them in the email if I want them to call me anyway. Probably as much as I originally said here, along with the screennames, and his full name - enough to get them started. It should be in writing in case something goes awry on the phone. Thanks for the help, JuiceeQ!

Not sure if I missed this but I'm not sure if you stated that the accounts were created in your name, or if your ex created them in his name using your credit card. If this is the case then this will go a long way in swinging the outcome in your favour. (I know in these days online that it is very easy to make purchases using someone elses credit card). If fulltilt allowed someone to set up a poker account using my credit card then I would not only be unimpressed, but I would be downright upset and concerned and would let fulltilt know this.

In any case when pleading your case I think you should also highlight that you had just begun playing online poker and you were quite ignorant to most of the rules and regulations. Let them know that you do not wish to cheat them or anyone else and that you just want to have this sorted so that you can once again enjoy using their services.

I only know that the first acct he created was in his name. I also knew he created a 2nd acct. Both of those hand histories are empty, he deleted them. So I have no idea whether he used my credit card on those. On his original acct, I transfered money, so finding real $ games would prove nothing anyway. These other 4 accts, I just discovered a week or 2 ago, and have never seen him play on them (like when I wake up and rush over to see what bad beat he's pounding the keyboard about). In the hand histories, only 2 accts show real money tourneys. So WHY would he create 2 more accts to play freerolls? I gotta think those were created at this son's house, and he played for my money there. After he finally admitted all this, he even told me that 1 son saw him entering credit card info (which he knew had to be mine) blew a fit, and tried to throw him out. Doesn't this story just get better and better? Bottom line, I have no idea what names & addresses he used to create these remaining 4.

I might tell FT that I was a total noob, but don't want them to confuse the issue, thinking I thought is was okay to have multiple accts. When we first started, and for months, I had 1 acct, he had 1, 1 computer, and that was legit. Thanks much for the help!

This reminds me that I ought to contact FT too....

As my girlfriend and I moved together one and a half years ago we created an FT - account using her credit card number and her name.

That's the "GRAF" in "Grafkarow" btw.

As I wanted to create my own she said:"Rather play on my account, I'll be playing play-money anyway..."

So I played on hers (FT allows using your partners account if he/she is unable to play so I thought ok no big deal).

Some weeks later though I thought :" If I ever qualify for some event she will have to play it instead of me :eek::(".

So I insisted on making my own account, the one I'm still playing with.

We never colluded or even played at the same time (we only have one computer)

but I still need to know from FT whether having these two accounts on one computer is a problem or not (before winning big :D)

That's the exact same situation as how we started. I think it's fine, especially if they can find no instance where you're both logged in at once, and you signed up under your own names. They might ask you both for ID and proof of address. Good luck with that too, although it's nowhere near the mess I fear my situation is. Thanks for the help!

So sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know why they wouldn't cooperate with you since YOU are the one who discovered this and YOU are the one contacting THEM. I'm just sure this will work out for you if you are totally honest. The best to you.

I sure hope my contacting them and willingness to straighten it out will go a long way. Thanks for the good wishes!

stevencool1

stevencool1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

for roller's info.
every mouse click. every movement,fast or slow, affects the game. this is from pstars website.
SHUFFLE

"Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin." - John von Neumann, 1951
We understand that a use of a fair and unpredictable shuffle algorithm is critical to our software. To ensure this and avoid major problems described in [2], we are using two independent sources of truly random data:
  • user input, including summary of mouse movements and events timing, collected from client software
  • true hardware random number generator developed by Intel [3], which uses thermal noise as an entropy source
Each of these sources itself generates enough entropy to ensure a fair and unpredictable shuffle.

R

rzrbck1968

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what worked for me

I don't know if it will work for you but I had about the same problem on pokerstars. i drive truck overthe road and my brother found out pokerstars was giving $5 to new accounts. he had created an account got the money and lost it in his first game. he decided to try another account and in 24 hrs $5 was added to that account. in all he made up 7 accounts . one day i won a sit-n-go for about $150 and decided to cash out part of it. they refused to let me withdraw the money and locked my account. took me a week to get it straightened out but was able to explain to them what happened and all the accounts on my computer were cancelled except my personal account. i believe if you contact them by phone and talk directly to a person before it goes any futher and let them know what happened then they should be understanding and cancel all the accounts under computer and those with your card # on them. also maybe a good idea to cancel your card and get a new one. GL

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the accounts on my computer were cancelled except my personal account.

they should be understanding and cancel all the accounts under computer and those with your card # on them. also maybe a good idea to cancel your card and get a new one. GL

I would imagine they deducted at least $30 of that $35 freebie money from your acct. Even if they did that, that is surely more than fair. Well, not sure they were all created on my computer, or even which ones had my money in them at 1 time. I only know that all the accts after the first that ever had money in them was through my credit card. And yes, it was cancelled long ago. Since it was a CC linked directly to my ATM, I closed my entire bank acct, opened new 1, and made the ATM card ATM only. Thanks for the reply!

And thank you too Stevencool, even though it's way over my head. :p

Related FullTilt Guides: English | Deutsch | Nederlands | Español | Português | FullTilt Casino | FullTilt Mobile