MyTheory on the Online Poker RNG

A

ApexC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From everything I have been told and I have read about a RNG does not actually create a number. It randomly chooses a number from all the available numbers.
So basically an online poker site would make a game that contained the community cards as well as players hole cards. Each players hand would be ranked from first to last. The results are predetermined. The player or players with the highest ranking hand that are still involved in the game at the end receives the pot. This series of cards (game) is given a number. Thousands or millions of other games are created the exactly the same way and they too are given an individual number so no two games share the same number. The RNG picks a number from what is available and the game is played. Online poker sites and other forms of gambling use RNG's to prevent someone from guessing or determining the outcome. Their argument is, they have no control over which number is picked by the RNG so therefore the game is not "rigged" and there is no favoritism and the deal is completely random.
My theory is that it is not completely random because all the available combinations that would be created with a real deck of cards are not available for the RNG to choose from. Let me try to put this into perspective.
How many game would the poker site have to create in order for the RNG to duplicate a real deck of cards?
The math for a 2 player game.
52x51x50x49x48x47x46x45x44=1,335,062,881,152,000
The more players you add, the bigger the number gets. I do not believe any poker site can create the same amount of combinations as a real deck.
So my theory is that some poker sites have done a better job than others in trying to re-create real poker using a much small amount of combinations for the RNG to choose from.

Last edited: