Multiple Accounts????

Thewebmaster

Thewebmaster

Freeroll #2 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask if multiple accounts are allowed at poker rooms, specifically ultimate bet is the place in question here. I was playing the $5.50 MTT yesterday and long story short there was one guy there who had at least 3 accounts that I know of. I only find this out by someone asking to borrow $5 and he mentioned he might have it spare in his other account, he said the name which I can't remember but another player recognized the name and starting talking about something or other and he says "oh crap" then went on to explain how he had to change his account as so many players recognized him at a certain level and wouldn't play him.
After he got knocked out one of the sitouts started to play and by his conversation you could tell it was the same guy again, soon after I got moved and didn't have time to write any of the names down.

My question is isn't this against the rules or can you have multiple accounts as long as your funding them?
I'm not sure it would influence the game any, if he bought in 2 or 3 times under different accounts i'm not sure what the argument would be, although i'm sure much could be said if he won, I don't believe it affected me one way or the other but wanted to know about the legality of having multiple accounts, personally I don't see the point apart from the argument he used, too many people recognizing the name and not playing him.

Tony:)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to internettexasholdem dot com: "Ultimate Bet allows multiple household accounts. However, each player may be required to furnish Ultimate Bet with documentation verifying that each player is indeed a separate person."

I've heard of Ultimate Bet being the only or one of the only major sites to allow multiple household accounts, and I've heard of several players at UB taking advantage of that fact without ever being asked for any sort of verification of the "other persons'" identities, real or not. But they could use it as an excuse to hassle you at any time. I've heard many stories of UB closing accounts for pretty shady or non-existent reasons, so I wouldn't want to give them any excuse to do so

pokerstars and Full Tilt, however, do not allow multiple accounts

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats should be the least of your worries.