Moving from the big 2 (ft and ps)

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all

Im thinking of depositing at Cake poker after a long period at only pokerstars and Fulltilt. One of the reasons is I have heard the players are not as good, and you can't use HUD which imo is a fairer game. Has anybody else moved from the top 2 sites to Cake poker and what did you think?

W

wobble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played at cake for a few months and recently withdrew.

The software is pretty bad. My machine is a few years old, but I have no problem on FTP. On cake more than 2 tables is almost unusable. They also have strange graphics which makes it quite difficult to identify your cards, which is a fairly important part of poker.

Traffic is light, so if you play at unusual times you may be waiting 15 minutes for a micro SnG.

On the good side, the SnG rake is far lower than FTP, especially at the bottom end. Rakeback is high and they don't deduct for bonuses. Quality of play is poorer than FTP. Payouts are fast (mine took only 2 hours to withdraw to moneybookers).

IMO it's definitely worth depositing with them if you fancy a change of pace. Remember to get rakeback and a signup bonus though!

reverie

reverie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo cake is a decent option for Americans. The rest of the world can find better games and better rakeback elsewhere.