Chips
nice finish epic...that pclish dude was such a bad player

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sweet. how is the payout structure of these miniFTOPS tournaments? what % pays, how steep is it, etc?

ill consider playing one at some point if theres a kool payout structure

straytfrush

straytfrush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Payout structures at full tilt are usually extremely top heavy, at least compared to pokerstars.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a seat in this in a $2 satty the other day that I just kicked off on a whim. Got ready to play about a half hour prior and saw 8000 registered with 2 hour late reg. With 5000 chip stacks and 10 minute levels I decided no way, I had an 8:30am meeting this morning I couldn't miss. I unreg'ed for the $T instead. When I checked in about an hour or so later, there were over 10k total entrants. What time did it finish up, anyway?

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the rail guys, cant believe what villian showed up with in the busto hand lol

M

manofthehour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow man you gut lucky in the end. Hope you had a good cash in the event and go pkay some more miniftops events.

FLyby

FLyby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got 533 place and was out at about 1AM or 5 hours into it.

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ congrats!

Yeah, I'm also waiting for stupid Neteller to show my funds so I can deposit.

Nice cash MrEpic94. Weird play there on the last hand though.

why did you think it was a weird play?

DeadlyV18

DeadlyV18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ congrats!

why did you think it was a weird play?

Flop: 3 4 5

That sort of flop could've hit the BB as well as the Villain (Putting him on a low PP).

BB raised approx 3/4 pot (might have hit top pair), Villain flat calls (that call screams a made hand, most likely a set or an overpair).

What I'd like to know it that were trying to make a squeeze play, or did you think your hand was the best on the flop?

I agree you had outs, but there was no chance anyone was gonna call you there with a worse hand.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a seat in this in a $2 satty the other day that I just kicked off on a whim. Got ready to play about a half hour prior and saw 8000 registered with 2 hour late reg. With 5000 chip stacks and 10 minute levels I decided no way, I had an 8:30am meeting this morning I couldn't miss. I unreg'ed for the $T instead. When I checked in about an hour or so later, there were over 10k total entrants. What time did it finish up, anyway?

I know the last 2 were heads up at about 1.30pm here so that's 8.30am ET?

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop: 3 4 5

That sort of flop could've hit the BB as well as the Villain (Putting him on a low PP).

BB raised approx 3/4 pot (might have hit top pair), Villain flat calls (that call screams a made hand, most likely a set or an overpair).

What I'd like to know it that were trying to make a squeeze play, or did you think your hand was the best on the flop?

I agree you had outs, but there was no chance anyone was gonna call you there with a worse hand.

so heres my reads/thought process on the hand.

read: the open raiser was a huge fish. Who would call it down with any pair to the board or draw, seen him do this a couple times with 2nd/3rd pair. Very passive and folded to large overshoves.

The BB was pretty TAG and had made quite a few C-bets and given up on turn/when played back at.

preflop; lol donk, I call

flop; woo outs + a pair. BB bets 3/4 pot (or PSB i cant remember). Im thinking he probably hasnt hit that flop because he was like 13/8 or something so probably has TJ+/Q9+/K9+ I also put any PP in his hand apart from TT+ as they would probably 3 bet pre. So ther is the possibility he has a set but whatever im 4:1 dog if he does but unlikely that he does, and he is ost likely trying to steal from donk.

Donk calls, really could have anything at this point, Ive got a few outs and lots of fold equity so i shove for 120k hopping to get two folds but not entirely gutted if I am called. Obviously donk flopped the 2nd nut straight with his 62o and snap calls. i loose.

DeadlyV18

DeadlyV18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously donk flopped the 2nd nut straight with his 62o and snap calls. i loose.

Nuh-Uh, his hand was 62 soooted. ;)

Fair enough, I just think that play would've been better with only one player in the hand. Congrats on the deep finish.

Also, flat calling a large bet on a draw heavy board with someone behind you makes your hand look super strong!

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nuh-Uh, his hand was 62 soooted. ;)

Fair enough, I just think that play would've been better with only one player in the hand. Congrats on the deep finish.

Also, flat calling a large bet on a draw heavy board with someone behind you makes your hand look super strong!

lol it was sooted!:eek:

but being a fish makes his call super fishy.