Merge or Revolution? Your Opinions.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Day All,

Just wanted to start a thread on the topic of Merge or Revolution Network... who are you with now after all is said and done ( the past few weeks of the Merge 6.0 Upgrade and now the new Revolution Network) . Upfalls and downfalls? Preferred games? Network Traffic ( Prefer smaller network traffic for Mtt's or larger site traffic)?

Myself, I was always a Merge fanatic! I would not touch Cake software (now Revolution Network) as the site traffic was horrible and just seemed to be too high of buy-in costs for the MTT's. Well, after the Merge Gaming 6.ZERO upgrade as I like to call it and certain SNG's disappearing ... not to mention the laggy software, etc... I have migrated to Revolution Network (intertops Poker, best IMHO) and am loving the change... Reason being is I LIKE the smaller site traffic as MTT's are a smaller field to get through... and you know what else? (What Moe?) I do not see nearly as many suck-outs on Revolution Network... those Ace rag villains seem to not get away with the crap they pull on Merge. (I know, I know... its all in my head because it is all based on RNG's). But honestly, I am loving Revolution more and more every day. And is it just me or does it seem like you get Queen - Five off hands more than a usual amount on Merge... not to mention straight draws an unusual amount too?

Well let's blow this discussion wide open...
Moe.:cool:

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For instance... Merge's SNG's that are still available fill up quite a bit faster than Revolution's... but there are some lucrative SNG's on Revolution such as the $4.60 + $0.40 Buy-In 10 Man SNG that pays out top four: 1st - $20.75 2nd - $11.50 3rd - $8.00 and 4th $5.75 ... These are IMHO better than the double ups which it like pulling teeth as it offers incentive to play for top dog position.

Just an example... Also, I love the SH (Short Handed) tourney's they offer too! Don't see much of those at all on Merge and I LOVE Short Hand!

My two cents,
Moe. :cool:

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody? Really? No Comments? C'mon Guys! :smokin:

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For instance... Merge's SNG's that are still available fill up quite a bit faster than Revolution's... but there are some lucrative SNG's on Revolution such as the $4.60 + $0.40 Buy-In 10 Man SNG that pays out top four: 1st - $20.75 2nd - $11.50 3rd - $8.00 and 4th $5.75 ... These are IMHO better than the double ups which it like pulling teeth as it offers incentive to play for top dog position.

Just an example... Also, I love the SH (Short Handed) tourney's they offer too! Don't see much of those at all on Merge and I LOVE Short Hand!

My two cents,
Moe. :cool:

Good heads up on the $4.60 SNG, hadn't seen those guys there, once I get my bankroll up a bit I'm def gonna hit those up. Don't forget the two $500 freerolls on Intertops tomorrow!

Been playing on Cake/now Revolution for a bit now and just recently started playing on Merge. I have to say I am quite enjoying my Merge experience so far. My thoughts on Revolution are mixed after LOCK took over but Intertops is by far the best for service and cashouts hands down.

Last edited:
Tropwen

Tropwen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've went back and forth between but just settled at merge. I don't think I have went back and looked after the update but will now. One question how r the free rolls there? I always have trouble trying to deposit online so I have to stick to FRs sad

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good topic Moe. I'm equally divided between Juicy (Revolution) and Aced (Merge). Anywhere there's a good game these starving days (especially MTT), I'll take it. May even have to finally revisit AC right now for the OSS ... but that's off-topic. If I had to pick Revolution or Merged, I'd take ... both. Too close to call!!! (OK, put a gun to my head and I'm Merging...)

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go with Merge all the way, any day!

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like revolution better because there seems to be a lot less suck outs and better cash out options.

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think or have noticed much difference lately.There are a few other options for cashout on revolution though.As far as the suckouts,they just seem to happen everywhere,but i have experienced fewer suckouts on Bovada ,also_Over a longer period of time, I'm sure that will probably change.

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
merge revolution

if you compare the tourneys on both networks, they are both the same except for merge is an hour ahead because they of daylight savings time. they did not change their tourney times at merge(ex. tournaments that used to start at midnight now start at 11). revolution changed with the savings time so that tournaments would start at the sametime they always started

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good topic Moe. I'm equally divided between Juicy (Revolution) and Aced (Merge). Anywhere there's a good game these starving days (especially MTT), I'll take it. May even have to finally revisit AC right now for the OSS ... but that's off-topic. If I had to pick Revolution or Merged, I'd take ... both. Too close to call!!! (OK, put a gun to my head and I'm Merging...)

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.. Both sites have decent software, relatively low cash out times, and decent customer service. I've found lately though that I prefer to stay away from merge!!

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've went back and forth between but just settled at merge. I don't think I have went back and looked after the update but will now. One question how r the free rolls there? I always have trouble trying to deposit online so I have to stick to FRs sad

I've played quite a few of the $200 ones and took second place once.
I've played a couple of the new $50 that replaced the 200 and took 4th a couple of days ago. They are long and full of donks and wild all in-ers..lol but if you have the time and patience they can give you a little change to try to build a bankroll with... gl Tropwen and see ya at the tables! I'm CoyoteGal666 at Merge..

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my idea is that basically, need to find a place to play seldom has any issue of server pausing, network delay...so on.

so I choose merge, simply because its server is far better than revolution.

if you saw Lock technically pause 100 seat freeroll 3 weeks in a row just because its server cannot handle some 2K player, while carbon has everyday freeroll with App 3K player, you will know where to go! LOL

C

Calishark31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Merge is terrible I know that. I haven't played on Rev but I think I may give it a try if you say that donkeys get punished for playing Ace rag. I got knocked out of 5 tournaments (Poker Maximus events) today ALL by get this, 2 outter (twice), 3 outter and 5 outter (twice). I am officially done with merge. Thanks for talking about revolution, I have been looking for another site.

J

jack7979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Merge is terrible I know that. I haven't played on Rev but I think I may give it a try if you say that donkeys get punished for playing Ace rag. I got knocked out of 5 tournaments (Poker Maximus events) today ALL by get this, 2 outter (twice), 3 outter and 5 outter (twice). I am officially done with merge. Thanks for talking about revolution, I have been looking for another site.
Merge and rev are no good try bovada.

C

Calishark31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got on Lock poker(revolution) and it's just as bad if not worse than merge.

4BeLikeWater4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Revolution's MTT schedule similar to Merge's?