Making a living out of poker?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Total posts
Hi guys.

Would be interested to know what games the part time/ full time pros play on this site.

I more interested to know if u stick to one form (e.g. Limit cash holdem) or do you mix it up (Limit/ MTT/ SNG`s)

Also, what kind of $$$ limits do you play?

Thanks guys

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Hi guys.

Would be interested to know what games the part time/ full time pros play on this site.

I more interested to know if u stick to one form (e.g. Limit cash holdem) or do you mix it up (Limit/ MTT/ SNG`s)

Also, what kind of $$$ limits do you play?

Thanks guys

Interesting thread, and it will be interesting to see if there is any full time pros that post here, my guess will be 1 maybe 2 if we are lucky.
Personally i wouldnt consider myself any-way pro or semi pro, even though i do make a nice yearly income playing, but no where enough to pay my way, perhaps when i get to $200 NL that will change but for the moment i play mostly $50-$100 NL ($50 mostly) and usually $24 MTT;s on FT.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Total posts
I've never considered myself part-time pro, but I do make money off of the game and I do play quite a bit. Maybe I qualify?

For income, I stick chiefly to limit shorthanded tables (mostly three-tabling $5/$10, taking the occasional shot at juicy $10/$20 tables), but I'm now also spending quite a lot of time at the $50 NL tables at Party, practising. When I mix it up with SnGs and such, it tends to be for fun, not for money.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Total posts
Awards
I`m Not a Pro by any means, but i do consider it a form of a part time job, im retired and was making an extra $`100. a month, give or take a few bucks, but it did add to my monthly money,, UNTILL our Government got involved, now i got over $ 400. all together at different sites and Cant get it,, i wish it was all at Stars so i could play our Bi-Weekly game,,,,buck

TheRifle

TheRifle

Total posts
At Full Tilt, you can see the pros playing. They are shown with red names and the tables are shown in red in the lobby. From what I have observed they tend to play 6 handed $10-$20 nl games. Most seem to play two tables at the same time. They don't start with mega bank rolls (about $1500) and do not appear to bully the other players. The play seems quite restrained with big bets being respected. If there is significant pre-flop action, you tend to see only 2 players contesting the pots and on showdowns they tend to be holding premium hands (E.g. QQ, AK, etc.)