Locked out of my account

M

MrFarmer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, I need to know what I should do. I've played at Gaming Club Poker for years. Yesterday they banned me fro chip dumping. I have never even thought about cheating, so I was naturally shocked and upset. And then I realised that 3 days before, so like Wednesday, I had withdrawn for the first time,for 800$, and maybe it wasn''t a coincidence. I still have 250$ on there, and they say I can't have. I swear I never cheated and I think Gaming Club are ripping me off. Anybody ever experience anything like this? Take your money off in small sums at Gaming Club, and don't let yourselves get screwed over. I really liked it there and for them to have made up thede accusations really hurt me. Anybody have any suggestions, 'cause I don't know what to do here?

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you remember chip dumping or doing anything closely resembling it? I believe there is an online poker website to deal with these type of disputes........I'm not sure what it is though.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes they're obv putting their reputation at risk for your $250

M

MrFarmer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My 1100$ you mean. They won't give me the 800$ I had tried to withdraw either.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
point still stands

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you email them asking for details?

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am just curious, are you an american? i wonder if some smaller gaming sites are going to start taking adavntage of the situaton us american poker players are in and make it harder then it already is for us.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's taken 6 days and counting to take $1k out of my bankroll on stars ;/

K

kcchieffan1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's crazy! I've been playing on-line for over a year and I've never run across the "chip dumping" terminology...probably because I play small buy-in gams. I found this info at another site that discussed the money laundering risk with these sites...very interesting.

"The biggest reason is because a player who sets up a fraudulent account using a stolen credit card or other stolen funds can use this method to transfer money to an accomplice who would then cash out the funds. The fake account creator sits down and plays heads up with a friend with a legit account. The fake account holder then plays every hand raising every step of the way until the river. Then they fold the last bet sending a large pot to the legit account holder, their accomplice. The accomplice then cashes out the fraudulent deposit. The actual credit card holder then finds out his credit card has been used at an online poker room, they then dispute the charge and win. The poker room is now out these funds. Long ago poker rooms caught onto this scam and catch on very fast. People still try this often and virtually never get away with it. The poker rooms often associate this kind of transfer with fraud and will consider it chip dumping.
Another reason poker rooms have stated this is not allowed is because of the money laundering possibility. Poker rooms are there for players to get together and play poker, not for you to do your personal banking. Online poker is gaining international recognition and becoming more and more mainstream. The last thing an online poker room needs is to be thought of a way for criminals to transfer their funds." - By: John Mehaffey
http://www.rakerebatereview.com/chipdumping.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fake account holder then plays every hand raising every step of the way until the river. Then they fold the last bet sending a large pot to the legit account holder

Wow! Is It now "Illegal" to play donks/dumfishes for real money???
I've played against ALOT of idiots who fit the above method of play...I thought the were just "bad" players and figured if I didn't take their money someone else would!!!

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's taken 6 days and counting to take $1k out of my bankroll on stars ;/

Did you ask them to send you a check? I think thats what Im going to do. Hopefully their checks are cashable here.