Lock or Carbon?

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think the software on stars and FT seems to have more to it and run a lil smoother. It just seemed they were a lil easier to use. Idk maybe its just cuz I was use to them. But it seemed I was having trouble gett ing exact bet amounts cuz the bar would shoot up amount real fast. Like I said maybe I just not use to it yet tho.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, the slider is jumpy so I just use the % potbet buttons. Enough options to usually get close to desired amount.

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, that is one thing I was just starting to really like on FTP was that I could program in my personal bet amounts for those buttons. But the buttons on Merge aren't bad, and I could always use a script...

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This $15 processing fee on withdrawels at lock sux. Its gonna add up cause I don't wanna keep a lot of money tied up in any site in case agent "third eye" makes another move. So I was gonna keep sifting the min., $100 at a time. USE THE RAKE TO PROCESS MY DAMN CHECK !!!!!!! Just happy I can play online, beats 10 full with smelly breath chin chow lui to my left and fat fartin freddy to my right elbowing me all night long, MY CUP HOLDER IS CENTERED IN FRONT OF ME DAMMIT !

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you have to clear your bonuses before you withdraw or you forfeit them !

S

scottieb668

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well all keep doing well on carbon and there are 4 to 6 25 dollar freerolls every day... so i am trying to get my bankroll up off of free games... good luck all

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To date, I have only deposited and played at Lock, though I recently opened an account at Carbon so I could partake in the CC freerolls. One perk I enjoy having at Lock is the admin panel-integrated sharkscope function, and the ability to perform up to 10 free searches a day (in addition to the 5 free searches on the original SS website). Just a nice thing to have as a quasi-SNG player.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lock

Cardschat would be in a great position to get Lockpoker freerolls,If everyone here opens a Lock account thru Cardschats banner.So Cardschat gets the credit when we deposit there.This is how forums get good games at poker sites.
So open a Lockpoker account thru Cardschat and make a deposit.!!!,Then Cardschat will be in a good position to get us some Lock freerolls!
I made a Lockpoker account thru Cardschat,but its gonna be a week or two,before I can deposit at Lockpoker....lets get this forum rolling again!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are not likely to have any freerolls - but we are working with them on some money added type games for you. Hopefully I will be able to announce something soon.

Meanwhile if you haven't opened your account yet use this link:

LockPoker

You can still get rakeback until June 1st if you don't already have it at another merge skin. You get rakeback even if you use the CC link above! They also have a deposit bonus.

Depositing is a bit tricky if you don't know the right way to do it - but I can walk you through it. Just pm me and I will help you with a relatively quick way to get money on there.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon poker is definitely my choice out of the two. carbon has a lot of different promotions going on and a VIP program. lock poker doesn't have a VIP system and 1 active rake chase which prizes are very limited,they have the tourney/sng king and 100sto100k that they share with all the skins. Not many private FRolls either. I play on Lock though becuase i have rakeback there but you can still get RB at carbon if you dont have RB on any other skin. Use the CC link so you can have free access to CC Frolls.

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
carbon has a lot of different promotions going on and a VIP program. lock poker doesn't have a VIP system
Strictly speaking, Lock Poker does have a VIP system, although it's not tiered or elaborately themed like Carbon's. At Lock you can redeem VIP points for cash at the rate of $0.01/1 VIP pt, which is actually better than Carbon's VIP point exchange rate on the first few levels (e.g. $3.00/500 VIP pt, $7/1000 VIP pt, etc.). So if 1 VIP point takes the same amount of time to earn at Lock as it does at Carbon (I don't know this for a fact), Carbon's VIP system isn't necessarily more valuable until you reach a certain tier.

But yeah, on top of their VIP system, Carbon does seem to have a lot of promotions going on. Hope Lock will come up with something in the near future, too, aside from "Battle of the Ronin" (which is pretty nice and I'm not knocking).

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does the "battle of the ronin" promo have limited prizes. I think it says when you hit 100vps you get a $5 dollar bonus but only the first 200 players to hit the target get the prize and so on. Im guessing there are hirollers that hit this target with an a hour leaving no prizes for low ballers like my self. If the prizes were unlimited i would defiantly be leaning towards Lock. correct me if im wrong.

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^Good point, I forgot that Battle of the Ronin technically has limited prizes. I don't know how significant this is in practice. Looking at the leader board, only 5 people have completed level 14 of "Ronin" so far ($120 for 3000 points), yet there are 50 of those cash prizes up for grabs. So it doesn't seem there are enough high volume grinders on Lock (yet) to exceed the prize quotas. I'm not sure if this is true of the first few levels as well (it could be that all those $1.50 and $3 bonuses are gone by now), but so far I've been able to make it through the first 4 levels without any problems (and I'm by no means a "hi-roller").

If you started playing at the beginning of the month, you probably wouldn't have much trouble being among the first however many to hit the targets, even playing only casually. Merge has a million different skins, and I reckon Lock regs constitute only a fraction of its total player pool.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have opened a Lock Poker account through CC can I open a Carbon Poker account as well cos I want to play in the CC Carbon freerolls?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have opened a Lock Poker account through CC can I open a Carbon Poker account as well cos I want to play in the CC Carbon freerolls?

Yes - you can open a Carbon account as well.

T

tiltdonkey16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well tried to get rakeback on my old Carbon Poker account has have been told NO so I have now got a Lock Poker account with 35% rakeback now. So Carbon lost my custom there. Still its the same networks so its not too bad. Alas you cant have custom colours on the LockPoker client but I do like the black/grey colours anyway.

P

PAP3RCHAS3R

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lock poker cash out lenth

im just curuios how long did it take for your money to arive to u via mail??

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im assuming that they both are simular but i do have carbon and wondering if i sign up at loch are us players still eligible for rake? im thinking i seen somewhere that merge is no longer offering rake i do believe after the 1st of june.may be wrong about this?