Living in China - and hungry to play poker again, but where?

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey,

i am a German living in China since several years and before I came here I used to play online poker time to time during my universit. these days I really would like to start grinding again. But pokerstars does recognise VPN and without VPN it is blocked in China.

Someone has a good alternative for me?

thanks in advance for your support!

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
there are no online poker sites that are allowed in China. Online gambling, including online poker is illegal in China. You would have to return to germany if you wanted to grind again. it's understandable to feel upset but it's important to remember that there are consequences for breaking the law. digga

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

i am a German living in China since several years and before I came here I used to play online poker time to time during my universit. these days I really would like to start grinding again. But pokerstars does recognise VPN and without VPN it is blocked in China.

GG poker does accept chinese players and probably some WPN skins or other unregulated rooms on chico network. Not sure though..
Other option would be App's like pokerbros that run through agents but i would not really. recommend that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
there are no online poker sites that are allowed in China. Online gambling, including online poker is illegal in China. You would have to return to Germany if you wanted to grind again. it's understandable to feel upset but it's important to remember that there are consequences for breaking the law. digga

But what about this? The biggest online poker site in the World! (they even have 8 sponsored Pros!)
ScreenHunter 11989

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey,

ScreenHunter 11991

10nl tables of what they call 'Rush & Cash' (same as Z00M on Pokerstars).

I'd consider it to be the best online poker site in 2023

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
But what about this? The biggest online poker site in the World! (they even have 8 sponsored Pros!)
View attachment 325641
Some players may be from China, it's likely that they are playing on the site from another country. But I'm not sure, and I didn't know that GGPoker has eight sponsored poker pros. If you have any other information, please let me know

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thanks for all of the feedback! I already look forward to my next trips abroad to take some actions on the tables again.

I will finally be back to Germany in summer 2024, but if you are eager to play again, it seems to be ages until then ;)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GGpoker have their flags mixed up.
They gave me a Chinese flag tho Im not from China. :eek:
Complained about it & they said they'll have devs look into it.
Tho I doubt they're even interested doing anything about it. :mad:

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Even using VPN is prohibited in China, maybe GGpoker should provide an explanation?
Macau? It's only forbidden in the mainland. Hongkong is an exception too

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some players may be from China, it's likely that they are playing on the site from another country. But I'm not sure, and I didn't know that GGPoker has eight sponsored poker pros. If you have any other information, please let me know
Did you look at the posts I made?
Not only are they accepted, but there's actually a GGPOKER TEAM of Poker Pros from CHINA. The players have a country flag beside their name on all tables, tournament lobbies, etc. It's not where they are from, it's where they are playing from. (why would they use a VPN to show they reside in China...)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for all of the feedback! I already look forward to my next trips abroad to take some actions on the tables again.

I will finally be back to Germany in summer 2024, but if you are eager to play again, it seems to be ages until then ;)
Not sure if you saw my posts above in this thread. There appears to be MANY players on GGPoker who are playing from China (while in China). My example was just from one format, one buyin level. GGPoker also has a team of PokerPros represented from China (8 pros, more than anyother country in the World!). Many players from HongKong too.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even using VPN is prohibited in China, maybe GGpoker should provide an explanation?
WHy are you even mentioning the use of VPN & suggesting that GGpoker should provide an explanation????? Perhaps it's something lost here in the language translation??

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
WHy are you even mentioning the use of VPN & suggesting that GGpoker should provide an explanation????? Perhaps it's something lost here in the language translation??
what wrong with you . you are so aggressive .i thought that playing on GGPoker from China was not possible, that's all

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
what wrong with you . you are so aggressive .i thought that playing on GGPoker from China was not possible, that's all
I showed via screenshots that it is possible. Then you suggested VPN, etc. I wanted the initial poster to see the real situation as opposed to them being misinformed.
Not sure where you think my post was 'so aggressive'....