Introduction: Tropical Poker

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear Members of Cards Chat,

I recently joined this site and wanted to introduce myself to all of you.

My name is Alex and I work for Tropical Poker. We are a relatively new online poker room and we would love for you to come check us out. We have several freeroll tournaments running with more being added all the time. You can find us online.

I plan to be a regular visitor to the forums and will be available to anyone that has any questions or would like more information about our site, software, promotions and more.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at anytime. I may be reached at CustomerRelations@tropicalpoker.com

Look forward to seeing you at Tropical Poker.

Warm Regards,

Alex
Customer Relations

Tropical Poker – wish you were here!

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alexx said:
wish you were here!

glad to hear it Alexx :)

i think you'll find some of our members already have accounts there, and many of which, myself included, were beta testers

so welcome, it's good to have you here.

-n

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome Alex, hope you have some great deals for Nick,our boss.
buck:hello:

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tropcial Poker

Hello,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome!!

We offer a variety of deals. Please let me know what kind of promotions or tournaments you would like to see at our site?

Your feedback is very important for us, since it helps keep our players happy.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Have a great day!

Regards,

Alex.:hello:

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy to talk to is Nick,our boss the owner of this site, >>buck:hello:

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest there's little chance of me playing on there again because my impressions while a beta tester and since were not encouraging.
There are few freerolls running, and they're generally at times which are not convenient for UK players - the comparison with networks like Prima is not favourable, when they have much larger freerolls several times a day.

There are no games running apart from HoldEm, so anyone who wants games like Omaha has no chance of playing on Tropical. Additionally, I contacted support to indicate that there were no Limit Omaha or Limit Omaha Hi/Lo tables running, and got no response or action whatsoever.

If you want to encourage real-money players, then you should probably start running some guaranteed prize pool tournaments, which would initially have a substantial overlay, as this would encourage people to participate on the site and to make a deposit.

There are few players online at any time, so there is no table selection for a given limit at HoldEm even when there is a game running.

The software is OK - it seems to work pretty well, but the major problem is the lack of players or incentives for players to participate on the site.

Personally since I had bonus dollars from the beta testing I got the chance to play on a couple of different tables. AK and AQ-type hands didn't hold up once, which could easily just be a run of bad luck, since I didn't have many bonus dollars to play with, but having lost them there aren't any particular reasons to deposit to continue playing on there. The kinds of things that would encourage a player like me to play on there would be Omaha and other games running, guaranteed tournaments (with a noticeable overlay - you'd make a loss on those initially, but would get more depositing players), rakeback (or a 'no-rake' period), more freerolls (at various times of day), etc. Also I think I requested private table creation, which would also be helpful.

I also signed up for notification for your affiliate scheme, and haven't heard anything back yet - sites like rakeback would probably offer referrals if you made it possible for them to run rake back systems, and if you offered suitable cost-per-signup payments, then affiliates like myself could offer incentivised sign-ups to try to get more players on your site, which is the biggest problem you have - why play on a site where there are only a few tables running at any given time, when you can get better offers and a much better selection of active tables on another site?

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starfall....

they are doing guarenteed tournaments now (with very good satellites) and i have seen omaha tables up and running occasionally. i suppose i shouldn't have to speak for them, but i like it there, and i like their software. I enjoyed the beta testing process and i have enjoyed watching their site grow, and i look forward to seeing it grow more in the future. one cannot expect them to take off overnight. it takes time, and i for one am glad to have been in from the ground floor, though perhaps that is just my own way of looking at things.

and Alexx, personally i would like to see omaha and stud tournaments, if it would even be possible to get them running, but i am willing to be paitent. please contact our site administrator Nick and try to get some private tournaments for us up and running there, as i think it would help you out and i would love to play them. best of luck.

-n

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to see more poker sites running. I've yet to see an Omaha game running, but if they are starting to run then that's good. Nate, from what you've said it sounds like they're moving in the right direction, and I'm sure they realise how much investment is required in guaranteed tournaments, freerolls and sign-up bonuses to attract more customers and get things going, and that they're working hard to get these things in place... I'll also be happy to hear about their progress, I just don't think they're there yet.

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello From Tropical Poker

Hello,

I read the posts you have sent, and I certainly appreciate your feedback.

Although, I would like to ask you some questions..so we can be able to improve our services.

Concerning the Freerolls and the Tournaments: Please let me know what hours would you like to play?

As for David Burton...can you please send us more detailed information regarding your experience with the Affiliate program? I will contact our Affiliate Manager so you can receive assistance.

We will do our best to get some more action on the Omaha and Stud tables.

As well as contact the Webmaster so we can arrange to set up some private tournaments.

Thank you all for your help.

If you need any assistance please contact us anytime!

Regards,

Alex
Customerrelations@tropicalpoker.com
-Tropical Poker.com:)

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Affiliate program, I sent an email, and as far as I know it still hasn't launched yet, because the site suggests that and I haven't heard anything back.
On the freerolls, the best one would be having them spread through the day - the last time I checked they were mainly at the same time of day (which would have been evening for the US, but small hours of the morning for the UK). I play at lunchtimes, evenings, occasionally in the morning - various times, just not in the wee small hours when my daughter's asleep and we get the chance to rest.
Omaha and Stud are harder to get going, because most players want to play HoldEm... so it's probably not going to bother the majority of players, but it would be nice for those of us that don't think Hold'Em is is the definitive poker variant.
On the private tournament front, one of the things I wanted to do with an affiliate scheme was offering a tournament where instead of a cash prize there was a chip set up for grabs - would it be possible to set that kind of thing up? The other obvious ones would be having the ability to create a standard private ring game or sit-n-go or tournament without having to email someone.

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls:promotion

Hello Members,

Starting today, we are offering more freerolls and will be running immediately every 3 hours on MTT tournaments.

The prices will be real money and there are no restrictions on withdrawls, besides the regular terms & conditions that apply to any regular player.

Initially the minimum amount of players for every tournament will be 30 players, as we increase them to more later on during the weeks go by. This will be running for approx. 4 weeks.

The following info is the schedules and the prizes for the freerolls offered.

PST Daily Weekly
12am $ 25.00 $ 175.00
3am $ 25.00 $ 175.00
9am $ 25.00 $ 175.00
12pm $ 25.00 $ 175.00
3pm $ 50.00 $ 350.00
6pm $ 50.00 $ 350.00
9pm $ 100.00 $ 700.00

Min. 30 players.

Please let your friends, family, neighbors and everybody you know about this limited time offer.

Please contact us if you have any questions at customerrelations @ Tropicalpoker .com.

Regards,

Alex.:)

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plus you guys still got the easiest freerolls around:icon_chee

-n

Attachments

• tropi.JPG
    tropi.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 87
A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Hi,

Alright!!!! Congratulations!!!

Hope to see you at our tables for our freerolls...:)

Let me remind all of you to please contact me if you need assistance or have any feedback you would like to share.

Good luck to all.

Regards,

Alex.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I still wish you'd start running $1+$.10 tournaments with say 20 player minimums, even 10. It's not like you're losing anything if they have to be cancelled. and I think they would get action. And I also wish you'd try running Omaha and stud tournies, but that's just personal preference i suppose

-n

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello From Tropical Poker

Hello Members, :)

Once again I wanted to inform you of some promotions that we have going on at this time.

Please feel free to check us out under the "What's New" section and under the title "Promotions".

If you have any inquiries, please contact me or our support department and we will be more than happy to assist you.

See you at our tables and we hope you enjoy your games!!

Have a great week!

Regards,

Alex.:hello:

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to agree with Nateofdeath with 7-card-omaha and $1 tables. I'd like to see MTT with $2-3 buy-ins. Then I'll down load with no problems. Good luck with new site.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this a prima site? Does it offer free $10 is it is?

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Is this a prima site? Does it offer free $10 is it is?

No, it's not Prima, and no free money except for freerolls, but they are pretty easy freerolls.

-n

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
? pretty easy free rolls? sure. right. now I want to play there. l o l

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, they are, actually. I just signed up about a week ago (missed the beta testing). There's never much more than 200 peeps a freeroll.

A

Alexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Promos:

Hello Members,

As we all know the wsop is coming up soon. You might be interested in reading this following info regarding freerolls from Tropical Poker.

WSOP 2006

Now YOU can win a seat to the WSOP 2006 World Championship Event at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas by playing at Tropical Poker!

Tropical Poker is offering a wide variety of satellite tournaments leading up to our Grand Prize giveaway: $10,000 entry fee for the WSOP Main Event buy-in, $1,000 spending money and hotel accommodations.

The finals are taken place on July 1rst, 2006.

We hope you will be joining us.

Regards,