If You Have a Downswing at One Poker Site Do You Switch to Another?

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since some weeks i have a downswing at pokerstars, usually i continued to play but less than usual, make some days break and try again. Now i had the idea to open a new Poker room and made an account at 888 Poker deposited and started to play successfully there. What do you think about this? Do you do the same or do you stay in your favourite Poker room?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s hard to say. All the poker rooms are basically the same. You will have your good runs and then the times where it seems like every hand you have ends up getting beat on a two outer on the river. It can be frustrating for sure. Nothing wrong with trying different sites, especially if you take advantage of the first time deposit bonuses. Just don’t expect one site to be “better” than another. If that was the case, there would only be one site as everyone would only play there.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this i didn't mean, of course you will have every where from time to time a downswing it is normal. But than play in other rooms and after a while go back to your favorite room and hope that the downswing is finished :)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do tend to have "better luck" on some sites than others. To answer your question, yes.
Some times you just feel like you are on the wrong site, when really it is the players on the site. lol
Or it is just me....if the same happens on the other sites.....I will play jigsaw instead of playing, or play something else. Maybe my mind was not exactly into playing poker right then?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should play where you make the most money(this includes rakeback, promos, and bonuses). You should consider your sample size though, ie 100 hands or 10 games probably is not enough to make a sound judgement.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Changing the poker site can be good

Good afternoon everyone, I usually change the poker site when I take a lot of bad bets in a row, and pokerstars is a site that happens often. Usually when I change the site, my game improves and my profit too, the problem at pokerstars is that I always lose with a very strong hand for hands that has a 30% or 20% chance of beating me, every time. TT vs 33 QQ vs A9s flop villain makes AA flush vs JJ AQs vs 42s hero 3bet and 42s flop K 4 2 call, villain playing over 80% of the hands and with a lot of chips.
Every time the villain with the most chips wins, does anyone think the site is programmed to favor those who have the most chips? Regarding changing the site when you are losing, I consider it a good idea.

Attachments

• QQ vs A9s.jpg
    QQ vs A9s.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 31
  • QQ vs A9s P2.jpg
    QQ vs A9s P2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 42s vs AQ pt 1.jpg
    42s vs AQ pt 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 42s vs AQ pt 2.jpg
    42s vs AQ pt 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 31
D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about probabilities, until you reach 100%chance of winning, nothing is certain. You are not the only one who suffers bad beats, but we also get unlikely wins from time to time.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normal

Since some weeks i have a downswing at Pokerstars, usually i continued to play but less than usual, make some days break and try again. Now i had the idea to open a new Poker room and made an account at 888 Poker deposited and started to play successfully there. What do you think about this? Do you do the same or do you stay in your favourite Poker room?
normal i play on several bodog sites, ggpoker pokerstars partypoker more i prefer to play the highest buy ones in the americas cardroom is a good site and it has faster tournaments for the amount of participants like you go in a tournament at on pokerestars 1.10 pokerstars enter more than 2000 players in the americas cardroom average 500 to 1000 players the prize is lower plus the possibility of itm and higher

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I focus on one type of a game, but as a rule I play periodically
different games with several websites to avoid 'brain stall'.
Then yes, I would possibly switch to a different poker room
to refresh my mind, but not directly due to downswing.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you

Poker is all about probabilities, until you reach 100%chance of winning, nothing is certain. You are not the only one who suffers bad beats, but we also get unlikely wins from time to time.
I play on more than 7 poker sites and on all of them I have a bad beat, it doesn't matter if everyone who plays is going to be beaten up because if I win then to play the players just need to pass the money on to me. what would be the logic if I won all the tournaments I compete for. we have to know something we are going to win and lose, and we must stop putting the blame on the site, this is simple learn to lose and so I better play on many sites not for the bad beat but for the amount of freeroll I get during the month and huge

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this is a very good idea. On the one hand, there is a downswing at which you need to stop. But on the other hand, you want to keep playing poker. I think you have found the best option.

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since some weeks i have a downswing at Pokerstars, usually i continued to play but less than usual, make some days break and try again. Now i had the idea to open a new Poker room and made an account at 888 Poker deposited and started to play successfully there. What do you think about this? Do you do the same or do you stay in your favourite Poker room?

I lately dont switch anymore as they are offering generally the same product.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars for micro, low and mid MTTs is a little gambling, so much variance. So you should give shots and try mid and big hits in this site only if you are playing tournaments..

For SnG or Ring Games I believe the field is harder but you also have a great volume to play multi-tabling. So you do the math. Of course the field is a little harder but not like a big difference in lowest stakes.

Try other poker rooms is always a wise choice, because you can mix your grind and pick up just the best MTTs available. In the case of spins, sits and ring games you can try other sites but the volume is not that good and depending on the stakes you end up playing with the same players over and over.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a downswing, it can be a refreshment to play on another site or just some other games. Its more important to take a step back though. Maybe move down stakes a little, or if you are an MTT player, move to smaller fields or even SnGs to get that feeling of at least winning something back. I will not recommend moving to another site though, because you feel, you are getting hit by the bad side of variance. Variance is just the same on all sites, so moving around will not solve that "problem" :)

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I often switch sites if I feel I’m on am unreasonable downswing.. come back in a day or 2 and try and run it up again

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For sure switch it up try a different site for the day

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am registered on all popular sites !!! This is very convenient since different sites run different poker series and promotions !!! I don't think poker downswing depends on which site you win, rather it depends on how you play and your morale! !!

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually take a break from Poker for awhile and let my mind reset

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it is genious! I had not thought to do that until I read your post . . . I will be opening a new account today! Thank you for the tip.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I feel a downswing at one room I probably switch to another room.

D

DomDoctor01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually dont .I dont think there is much difference between playing on other rooms than playing in one room.Maybe take a break and come back later on the same room with a different mindset .That's what works for me :) .

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Switching rooms

For a lot of years I only played at poker stars, even when it appeared that the deck was stacked against me, then after quite a long discussion with the PS help desk about how my winning % had drastically dropped from a fairly high win rate for a couple of years to a disastrous low for a couple of months, where they suggested I just take a break and I did going to another site for a while and just like magic back to winning. So Yes I do leave a site if the results are routinely bad or I get a few "bad beats" and after a few tourneys/days at another site I return and it is just like a new day (for a while}:):):)

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will continue with this switch, after the downswing on Pokerstars i made some $$$ at 888 than it starts at 888 that i get one bad bead after an other and switched again to Pokerstars where it works now again good :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always change when I'm in a bad run in a poker room, but I usually already play in several poker rooms. I like to play multiple tables at the same time, so, only one poker room is not an option for me.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It makes definitely sense to play at several rooms, but the so called "down-swing" can hit you everywhere.
But maybe it feels different for you, because partly the games are different and also the buy-ins are different between PS and 888. Also the player field is different. And not only when you compare PS with 888. The iPoker rooms are also different.

Best of luck with your games!