I think Tournaments should be ONE BUYIN!!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those with much bankroll will love rebuy/add-on while those with limited Bankroll have to select freezeout.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i disagree. i think rebuy and multi entry tournaments should exist just like freezout tournaments with only one entry aswell. its your choice whether you like to play a tournament with re entries or not.
i agree because it is an option and its players choice is he going to play or not.
my choice is not to play rebuys and/or multi entries

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
i hate rebuys , but ya it does give Advantage to better Players with gd br as they can win massive Chips from donks who goes allin every single Hand with any shit hands as well .

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to agree with you, but than I think if I had a bunch of money promised out in a GTD and I was running a poker site.... I would allow rebuys because I would rather not just give out a ton of money for free lol

V

VlNikopro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like tournament with rebuys, but only 2x-turbo
where the addon equal 2*normal stack

negreti

negreti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly, it has much more maniacs in rebuy tournament
I HATE REBUY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on what kind of an entrance fee.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think that all structures of tourney's are good and have to be treated with different strategies for what they are. like somebody said before me if you dont like the format find ones that you do like and play those lol. now i have to admit there are structures i will stay away from or at least play a lot less than others. yup what ever happened to the good ol freeze out tourneys lol? i guess sng tourneys is the way to go ------- oops i see there are rebuy and re-entry sngs now well there goes that thought lmao. i guess bottom line is we can only play what is offered. so what is offered and what will be offered will be what the house feels makes them the most money after all thats business.

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind different types of tournaments as much as I HATE being one of 38 people registered on time for a Guaranteed prize MTT only to have it finish with +1250 and 3 hours of late registration. 1R/A are actually the closest to the new freezeout. I think if you late register you should have a blinded stack.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind different types of tournaments as much as I HATE being one of 38 people registered on time for a Guaranteed prize MTT only to have it finish with +1250 and 3 hours of late registration. 1R/A are actually the closest to the new freezeout. I think if you late register you should have a blinded stack.

Why?

You are basically getting mad at people for sacrificing ROI to you (assuming you are a winning player, which is a big assumption given this response) and juicing the prize pool.

Why do you hate that?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your thoughts on this?

Many tournaments are rebuy/addon ones. They cost at least 3x the buy in. You have to calculate it, that's all. At the beginning players play loose, there's much more chance to get big stack at the beginning then in a freezout. So just try some of these and you will see it's fun to play in R/A tourneys. ;)

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why?

You are basically getting mad at people for sacrificing ROI to you (assuming you are a winning player, which is a big assumption given this response) and juicing the prize pool.

Why do you hate that?

Because it is constantly ruining the table dynamic at critical points of the tournament. If I'm seated at a table with 35-45 bb and two late entries fall on my table with no other option than to shove I'm forced into decisions that could commit my whole stack when without those late entry gonzo's I have positioned myself to have a shot to win the whole thing. Without being forced to play my whole stack. And yes that's a very big assumption your making! Brick and mortar I'm up to a three year span of "none if your business" and online if you believe shark scope is accurate then go ahead and check me out. It says I'm a big fish

Last edited:
F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part they are, but some times it does make sense if it is a re-buy for example if they have a big prize guaranteed and the numbers of players doesn't add up to the prize is a situation where a rebuy can make up for the remaining prize pool

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What are your thoughts on this?

I nearly agree, in the sense that one buy in tournaments are more pure. Win or go home is the gold standard, that's why the Main Event doesn't have rebuys. I feel like the single buy tournament is a greater test of skill, I'm sure there have been books written about it.

R

Ray Sliva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still new to a lot of the online sites. I have not formed a solid opinion yet. I have found that the freeze out tournies seem to be an advantage to me knowing there is a finite group of players and my tactics are more defined. Whereas the add on and rebuy tournies give each of us a chance to pick up a few more chips. With my limited br I will treat them as a freeze out anyway and move on. The late entry has me on the fence. As they enter that adds to the prize pool doesn't it? Prize amount changes with the addition of player buy ins. Also I have seen that there is a min / max player for each tourney. There has been times I wanted to enter a tourney but the max had been reached.When the max is so high then a time limit comes into play I'm sure (when a site has less traffic). Maybe someone could explain how the time limits are set. Looking forward to other responses to an interesting topic. tks--r

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it is constantly ruining the table dynamic at critical points of the tournament. If I'm seated at a table with 35-45 bb and two late entries fall on my table with no other option than to shove I'm forced into decisions that could commit my whole stack when without those late entry gonzo's I have positioned myself to have a shot to win the whole thing. Without being forced to play my whole stack. And yes that's a very big assumption your making! Brick and mortar I'm up to a three year span of "none if your business" and online if you believe shark scope is accurate then go ahead and check me out. It says I'm a big fish

Ok, so you're a fish....not my problem.

If you cannot adjust to SS all ins, you aren't a skilled poker player, period.

Also, which online tournaments are you in a position to win before the end of registration?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hate any more than one rebuy for sure. Add ons always suck in my opinion except when they are for live dealer tips.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without re-entries on sites like carbon the prize pool's would be cut drastically.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Without re-entries on sites like carbon the prize pool's would be cut drastically.

For sure. I think the point in this thread is that the more rebuys, the less skill to win. Some people would rather play poker for less money than bingo for more.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure. I think the point in this thread is that the more rebuys, the less skill to win. Some people would rather play poker for less money than bingo for more.

You can play these for less money and NOT bingo.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
different skills involved, if you are properly bankrolled and can handle the variance it doesnt have to be bingo.

Sure you will get alot of bad beats but in the long run they can be quite profitable