I need to get VPPs a day for the rest of the year

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On pokerstars I just noticed that i have a bonus of $10 that I can clear if I get 4VPPs a day on average for the rest of the year.

What would be the easiest way to get these? Just playing my normal micro 1-2 tables and my $1 SnGs and occasional $2 MTts gonna be enough?

Anyone that is good at figuring how these collect would be greatly appreciated.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know you get 2.75 for each $5.50 sng or mtt you play.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your normal micro's might be enough. They increased the VPP for the mirco's a little whils back.
Check PS web page as they have a calculator that will tell you roughly how many hands you need to play and what your VPP total will be.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I will look at the calculator and see it will tell me how many hands it will take. I might have to play a table or two more to help along.

Thanks

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of bonus is this? Is it like $10 at the end of the year or is it a fixed VPP amount that you need to reach? Is it the VPP stellar rewards? 4 VPPs is absolutely nothing.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of bonus is this? Is it like $10 at the end of the year or is it a fixed VPP amount that you need to reach? Is it the VPP stellar rewards? 4 VPPs is absolutely nothing.

Yes this is what it is. I really should have this completed by now but I took a break from PS for a while.

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 VPPs is extremely little even at microstakes. I don't know what level you are, what stakes you're playing, but 750 vpps is not much...I need to earn 1k by the end of October to make platinum star, and it's doable and I'm not a highstakes player. 4 VPPs is maybe 2 minutes of play at 2nl. Just don't sacrifice profit and playing optimally to achieve bonuses - your earnings are much more important than an occasional bonus.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
4 VPPs is extremely little even at microstakes. I don't know what level you are, what stakes you're playing, but 750 vpps is not much...I need to earn 1k by the end of October to make platinum star, and it's doable and I'm not a highstakes player. 4 VPPs is maybe 2 minutes of play at 2nl. Just don't sacrifice profit and playing optimally to achieve bonuses - your earnings are much more important than an occasional bonus.
Really? 2mins. for 4 VPP while playing 2nl? (& only 2.75 VPP for paying 0.50 fee in a $5 sng). Somehow that doesn't seem quite right???
I was just recently playing some micro limit nlhe cash tables & was curious myself as to how many VPPs one earns on those tables. I'll have to take a look at that calculator. (I rarely play on Pokerstars)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How much rake is taken per hand on a 2nl, 5nl or 10nl table? (I know it's a $3 max. but what percentage of rake is taken from each pot?). As you can obviously see, I don't play many hands on cash tables & when I do I never bother to calculate any of this stuff out.
From what I've read though (briefly) on a table with 8+ players, if hand is raked $3 then 18 are awarded & divided among how many were in the hand. Can't see picking up 4 in 2mins. on 2nl tables?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, doing a bit more research now. Isn't it 6VPP per $1 raked? (8+players on table).
So.. on a 2nl table if two of you get allin & say the pot is $4 then won't there be 20cents rake? THen wouldn't this be equal to 1.2VPP? Then divide that by 2 & you'd be getting 0.6VPP each?? Is this about right?

So.. just sayin' (hypothetically), would that equate to a situatoin where I'd have to play 7 pots (where we got 200bb's into the pot HU) all within 2mins. Even if I was playing on say 10tables (with ~80hands per hour), wouldn't that mean that I'd have to stack off about 1 out of every 2 hands I was dealt in order to get 4VPP in '2mins.'?

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? 2mins. for 4 VPP while playing 2nl? (& only 2.75 VPP for paying 0.50 fee in a $5 sng). Somehow that doesn't seem quite right???
I was just recently playing some micro limit nlhe cash tables & was curious myself as to how many VPPs one earns on those tables. I'll have to take a look at that calculator. (I rarely play on Pokerstars)

It was just a guess. I don't play 2nl...maybe more like 5 mins? It's going to take really long to clear anything playing 1-2 tables o 2nl. I put in a 10 minute session of a few limit .5/1 5 card draw games earlier and earned...maybe 20? It's a little hazy but I think a "grinding" day for me is like 300 VPPs.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just played limit 05/10 for over an hour and only got 2 VPPs. Average pot $1 hands per hour 75

Do these take time to calculate into your total ir should I get these right away?

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure its a running total on you cashier screen.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the PokerStars cal page. Just fill in the info and it will tell you what u need.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/calculator/

just a note-it doesn't always work for me for some reason. I get a error on the web page and will not cal right. Could be just my browser.

Last edited:
tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do these take time to calculate into your total ir should I get these right away?

Sorry double post

They show up petty quick but not instant. Takes a little while but not to long.

I got it to work.
Playing 1 table 1 hour a day at 02/04 nolimit will give you 20vpp per month. So it's a little less than 1 vpp per hour/per table at that limit.

At .05/.10 1 hr per day will get you around 44 vpp per month.

Last edited:
kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the information. I need to get 4 per day for the rest of the year in order to clear this. I am not gonna knock myself out trying. I will play as normal and maybe add a game or two once in a while. If not I will have to clear this thing next year. No biggie.

Thanks again.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"FPP Pro Plus" can help you work out exactly how many VPP's you need, but it cost $20 :/. I do have the program, put in what games you play and how often here and i can probably work out how many games you need to play per day to achieve it. The VIP calculator in pokerstars is a little off usually.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"FPP Pro Plus" can help you work out exactly how many VPP's you need, but it cost $20 :/. I do have the program, put in what games you play and how often here and i can probably work out how many games you need to play per day to achieve it. The VIP calculator in pokerstars is a little off usually.

Right now I am playing 2-3 hours a day of 05/10c LO8 and usually in the afternoon I play 1-2 SnGs usually for $1.10-1.40

Thanks for the offer.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, ok, not sure if it works with limit, pretty sure i can't do limits that low in it. nevermind.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, ok, not sure if it works with limit, pretty sure i can't do limits that low in it. nevermind.

No worries. I will just play my game and not worry too much about it. Just was hoping there was a better way to ensure I get these points.