How has your experience with WPT Global been?

S

Shuem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IN
Chips
I want to play there but i thought it would be a good idea to learn about the site from people who are already playing on the site.
So, how was your experience? Any issues?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I signed up to play in an incredible promotion held by Cardschat on WPTGlobal ($12,500 freeroll, 1st won a $12k pkg. to play WPT MainEvent).
I had only made a small deposit to qualify.

SInce then, I've been playing some micro cash tables. And I must say I have NEVER seen any tables so incredibly soft!!! And just tons of crazy/wild players attempting HUGE bluffs, very often. It was easy to sit down & run up 4 or 5 buyins in just minutes!
The majority of the player pool there plays absolutely terrible! It can be quite volatile because of all the insanity.

It is difficult for me to describe it. It is nothing like any site I've ever played on before... even back as far as 2007 when tables were much softer. It takes a bit of getting used to.

S

Shuem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IN
Chips
Looks like I should sign up too, thanks for answering.

Miyagi not miyaji

Miyagi not miyaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Not the best micro mtt grind. Most of the < $5 tourneys are turbo and hyper. But since the site is growing eventually is going to be better.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It has potential, but I find the software has some memory leaks that slows it down over an hour or two of playing which is annoying. The playing field is a lot softer than other poker rooms.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yah I forgot to mention this earlier but then thought about it afterwards... the software is really bad. It's a huge resource hog (it REALLY taxes my CPU).
It uses up 4x as much computing power vs Stars or GG. Because of it, it keeps me from playing MTT's from WPTGlobal, into my schedule. (for now I only play micro cash on there)

S

Shuem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IN
Chips
Yah I forgot to mention this earlier but then thought about it afterwards... the software is really bad. It's a huge resource hog (it REALLY taxes my CPU).
It uses up 4x as much computing power vs Stars or GG. Because of it, it keeps me from playing MTT's from WPTGlobal, into my schedule. (for now I only play micro cash on there)
Yeah the pc software is quite heavy. But If u can then try the mobile App because it ran smoothly on my mid end phone and isn't taking up a lot of resources.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is the room soft enough for you to get a dedicated system just to play on it?

Yeah the pc software is quite heavy. But If u can then try the mobile app because it ran smoothly on my mid end phone and isn't taking up a lot of resources.
I used to primarily play on it using mobile and the app would crash at about the second break (after two hours) because it would get so slow. Also, somehow the mobile app always wants more permissions than my other poker Apps which is strange. And it always keeps asking each time I run it.

Anyway, I think they will eventually fix the issues and meanwhile playing cash games and resetting the app after a bit isn't awful if you can keep finding the really soft tables.

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to play there but i thought it would be a good idea to learn about the site from people who are already playing on the site.
So, how was your experience? Any issues?
It has some pretty good cash games. The player pool is large and relatively soft. There are no HUDs or PokerTracker downloads, so pros who play volume for stables aren't sharking on there. You can't massively multitable, which also keeps away sharks but may be annoying for people who like to play a lot of tables at once or else they get bored. Right now the deposit bonus code QUEEN gets you some tickets to spins and satellites to the WPT Passport tourney which can win you a trip on WPT Voyage this spring.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you find the games take forever? It's also missing many features. I hate how it doesn't tell me my hand.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't you find the games take forever? It's also missing many features. I hate how it doesn't tell me my hand.
Which games 'take forever'? Cash games seem to all be 8-max which is a bit slow vs. playing 6max on other sites I suppose.
Are you referring to the tournament structures & length of time for tournaments to play out? I've hardly played in any but when I browsed the lobby to see how many entrants some of the tourneys got & how much they paid out on final tables (for tickets I've saved up), they mostly seemed to finish fairly quickly.
Doesn't tell you your hand? (not sure what you mean) The HandHistory tool is next to useless (is this what you're referring to?)

I don't like the way it doesn't show 'finished tournaments'... even ones that just played out that same day.

fwiw, you might want to post about the stuff you don't like about WPT (&/or the things you do like) in the WPT thread as there's also a rep. from WPT on there now (Ami)