How important is integrity in poker?

N

nateogreato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to play on a certain poker site that is not directly supported by cards chat (at least not that I know). They have some really great low cost tourneys, which are good for me given that I am not very good and need to limit my losses. In any case, I noticed an error in one of their games. I won't say which game because I don't wish to libel the site. But, they apparently made an error in which they added $10 cash to a game where the header read $15 cash added. Now the $5 extra was spread across 10 winners and I'm not sure if any of the winners noticed.
I didn't win but I reported the error. I got an e-mail back that read something like "we will address the possible concern with the affected parties". I wrote back asking for more and have not heard from them since. The issue was not remedied to my knowledge and persists today.
I am considering making a deposit on this site, if for no other reason to get the small amount of cash out that I've accumulated playing dime to fifty-cent games. However, given that they won't fix the apparent error I'm wondering if it would be foolhardy to trust the site in any way.
Please provide any feedback or guidance on this moral dilemma of mine.
Thanks,
nateogreato

Update:
The indescression of advertising a $15 cash added when only $10 cash was added was reported to a site 3 times before I gave up on the site fixing the problem. I don't mention the name becasue I don't wish to do them harm. I was able to grow a 75 c freeroll win into $90. clearly they have great games! However, I asked about withdrawing the funds and they had some rediculous fees. I played the money for a while longer before ultimately losing it all. I no longer participate in the sites freerolls or otherwise because integrity is more important than winning to me.

Nateogreato

Last edited by a moderator: