How do you feel about Graphics now?

Lafayette2

Lafayette2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a US player and play on a few different sites, Cake, Carbon, and have bodog downloaded on my computer. I find i miss pokerstars and Full Tilts graphics and action. I could sit for hours on those sites, now i play 2 at the most on the few we americans are allowed to play on.. The smooth game action and graphics was fun and exciting. Except for the suckouts on Full tilt the cards seem to play trueer. Am I right? Do you US players play for the same period of time on the sites like Merge? Just wondering! Hope they regulate poker soon so we can get back to more inticing sites! If anyone finds any new sites please list. Thanks

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no problem with Merge and still play the same length sessions. I never really had a problem with Merge even before FT and PS were cut out for me, it was more that there wasn't the playerbase there. Bodog is horrendous and I never really liked Cake, granted last time I played there was about 4 years ago, so I don't have much room to talk.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree, FT and Stars graphics were the most comfortable. Cake has issues, and I personally think Carbons 'Player Station' is too large.

From a purely ergonomic POV the Yatahay (America's Card Room) client has the makings to be world class with just a few more fixes. For us Americans, the biggest issue is active player count. None of the currently available sites averages over 20K players at any time, and most show less than 10K at the times I play.

Before the change I only played the dog when I had to (which was NEVER), and since the change I refuse to even give it a chance.

The comfort we experience (that ergonomic thing) is paramount and Tit and Stars spent a ot of time and money getting it right. Cereus was good also.

IMHO, the key is an uncluttered screen, with fancy bet options and sliders, a readable chat (like being able to make it disappear if I want it gone). And only Tilt and Yatahay offer a very good full, wide screen table for those times I want that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
(not from the US, but do play on those 3 sites)
I've never liked Carbon. Can't stand the bet-thingy... I find it awkward to use, time-consuming, etc. Just don't like the look of it either & never have.

CAKE, first experience on Cake network/software was when DoylesRoom was moved onto there. Probably played less than 500 hands after it was moved (was fine where it was prior if you ask me). Now with the newer look, I must say I like it more than the way it was, but still don't really care for it. No real problems with the action or anything... just don't like the look & feel. (except for the 'clapping' when you win a hand (< just kidding... how do you turn that shite off?).

Bodog, pretty much what dj said above... except I never really liked it although I was beginning to get used to it (at least it wasn't running like it did for me ~yr. ago.. with the freak'n site timing out/disconnecting ALOT). Now with the 'new' update/upgrade (DOWNGRADE), I refuse to play on there (don't want to list them all as it'd derail this thread).

AmericasCardRoom (Doyles). Haven't played on there since Doyle took his name off. It's better than it was (what couldn't be?) but I still didn't care for it enough to play on it (but know that I'm lucky to have other options).

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooooooo Smooooooth

Pokerstars ran so smooth. Yeah they would have an occasional disconnect but nothing like cake poker. It is nearly impossible to play more than 2 tables on cake every time there is an all in or an elimination the table freezes up. Sometimes it just freezes and you have to reboot. Pokerstars you can play 6 tables easily with no connection problems whatsoever. If you do not minimize your tables on cake you are in serious trouble with malfunctions. About 2 months ago I registered for a $3 turbo there. When it started the table froze and would do nothing for 10 minutes I had to reboot. By the time I finally got it up and running I had like 500 chips left. I emailed support and they refunded my $3. They did it without to much of a hassle. But I sure miss pokerstars.