How do Pokerstar chests work now?

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the new format you had to get 4 chests in one day to upgrade. However now it says 4 in a 28 rolling day period. However it then has a clock below this saying expires 1st October 2019????

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to win 10 chests in a rolling 28 day period to upgrade. If you dont complete the chest, you are currently earning points for, before 1. oktober 2019, it will expire. On level 1 most chests now contain a 50c ticket for a spin n go. So you have to play these spin n gos and hope to win something.

Maybe not a huge deal, but I certainly preferred the old system, where I could change the coins to cash and spend it, as I wanted to, or use them to buy tickets for regular tournaments. On the upside these reward Spin n Gos tend to be pretty soft, since bad players also get rewards, and a lot of people dont care all that much about fighting for a dollar, which is the most common price pool.

So if you are not a complete donkey, you can likely have a positive ROI in these things. But even so you are spending time on it, and I have to say, that for me the reward system on Stars has become a bit of a joke. You have to play a lot to earn one of these chests, and upgrading is only realistic for full time grinders or people playing at least mid stakes. The rake-back on level 1 is probably 2% or something like that.

Last edited:
P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to win 10 chests in a rolling 28 day period to upgrade. If you dont complete the chest, you are currently earning points for, before 1. oktober 2019, it will expire. On level 1 most chests now contain a 50c ticket for a spin n go. So you have to play these spin n gos and hope to win something.

Maybe not a huge deal, but I certainly preferred the old system, where I could change the coins to cash and spend it, as I wanted to, or use them to buy tickets for regular tournaments. On the upside these reward Spin n Gos tend to be pretty soft, since bad players also get rewards, and a lot of people dont care all that much about fighting for a dollar, which is the most common price pool.

So if you are not a complete donkey, you can likely have a positive ROI in these things. But even so you are spending time on it, and I have to say, that for me the reward system on Stars has become a bit of a joke. You have to play a lot to earn one of these chests, and upgrading is only realistic for full time grinders or people playing at least mid stakes. The rake-back on level 1 is probably 2% or something like that.

Ah thanks for the explanation. I did not realise the expiry meant the current chest expired. Also it does not tell you when the current 28 day rolling period started. If they are going to do a 28 day period why not just make it simple and do it by calendar month?

I liked the old system and if you did ever manage to progress to gold, you got a ticket to 100,000 freeroll which was amazing but difficult to get to that level.

Still partypoker does not give any rake back at all unless you hit 25 points in the week so feel my points are wasted there, although they do not charge rake on the bounty portion of bounty tournaments which is pretty good.

Thanks gain for the info :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 28 day is a rolling period, which seem fair enough to me. So if you earn two chest per week on average, as I did, when I was still playing on Stars, it will constantly hover around 8 out of 10. When you have earned a new chest, an old one will expire, and so on.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I see from each chest its a 28 day period to get 10. See they have done away with the boosts too. Cut backs!

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leveling up is basically impossible for people like me who only play micros, even if I invest a considerable amount of hours of daily playing I can barely get 5 chest in a 30 day cycle.

I don't try to go for chest anymore, I've simply given up. I just play for dumb old fun now

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've all but given up on the pokerstars Rewards program, as I suspect has Pokerstars. They should just quit pretending that they even have one.

I recall one day opening something like a dozen chests and I really was no better off after than I was before.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All info found here

https://www.pokerstars.com/stars-rewards/

If you play mtt mostly you will find it hard to level up they adjusted the points to rake on these a few months a back from $1=100 Reward Point to $1=45.

To level up easier need to play cash, sng and spin n go.

Thought that had changed unless my maths was very, very bad! Problem is some web pages you go to still give you the old points system, even pages hosted by stars.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've all but given up on the Pokerstars Rewards program, as I suspect has Pokerstars. They should just quit pretending that they even have one.

I recall one day opening something like a dozen chests and I really was no better off after than I was before.

However I find PartyPoker worse because you are not even building towards anything. If you do not make the weekly points requirement it is reset each week. I think unless you rake enough to get $5 you get nothing. Can they not have a smaller amount like a $1 back, You are still paying the same percentage of rake as everyone else but need to be playing such high volume on Party.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to collect 10 chests in a 28 day rolling period as I understand and then you get upgrade

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep that's correct. Would be good if chests had a start date on them so you knew when each one fell out the period if you were trying to level up.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like it more the way it used to be in the past , I could win chests easily then , even with my few starcoins for the DEAL or the 5k freetoll ticket it was much better . I don't play a lot on Stars so it's a lot harder for me to reach the new standards , MTTs give less rewards points , more difficult .

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It is really annoying as there is no way to check the 28 rolling period other than asking support or keeping track of it yourself.
Yep that's correct. Would be good if chests had a start date on them so you knew when each one fell out the period if you were trying to level up.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pressed all the buttons, then the chest opened.
final-cc.gif

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play NL2-NL5, i complete a silver chest (1400 points) in 8000 hands aprox

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All info found here

https://www.pokerstars.com/stars-rewards/

If you play mtt mostly you will find it hard to level up they adjusted the points to rake on these a few months a back from $1=100 Reward Point to $1=45.

To level up easier need to play cash, sng and spin n go.

So now with 45 points for each dollar spent you need to spend $55 just in fees to earn one blue chest!!!!! Wow.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am calculating this correctly you would have to spend over $5,550 in a 28 day rolling period to move up to the second tier of chests. Makes it worthwhile then getting one chest in the period if you make it up a tier cause it's so frigging hard to get there unless its your job.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah I did get to the conclusion when my almost full chest got reset last time and support informed me of the new rules. After this, I think the best that can work for us players is to think of the chest as a bonus that gets triggered from playing and and steering into profit not as something that recs get for fun and in part destroy one´s own account.

S

stephenpowell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What gives you points for the chests? Like if I play a 2cent tournament i got 2 points. Then i played a 25cent tourney and still got 2 points?