How come the hand history shows my mucked hand

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i call on the river and lose and decide to muck they can still see it in the hand history. Why? What is the point of the muck? I think this is bogus. Please inlighten me.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cause the winner of the hand has the right to see what you mucked.. but its only the winner and nobody else.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shortstacked said:
If i call on the river and lose and decide to muck they can still see it in the hand history. Why? What is the point of the muck? I think this is bogus. Please enlighten me.

Technically, in live game rules, any player may ask to see a mucked shown-down hand. However, it is extremely bad etiquette to ask to see them and is rarely ever done. But the rule is still there. If you showdown a winning hand, you could ask to see all the other hands in the showdown with you. Just be prepared to go "Jackie Chan" when you go to the parking lot to leave.

In online poker, anyone can muck a losing showdown hand in the software. But it is listed in the Hand History, most likely in an attempt to adhere to this rule. Anyone can break etiquette and view the muckers without being pummeled, not just the winner.

The only sites I know of that don't list a mucked shown-down hand in HH are Dream Poker & Poker.com. There's probably more I haven't played.

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the info everyone

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is standard proceedure at most poker sites to show any mucked hand that calls the river if it is a losing hand. Perhaps a way of giving the players a way to detect collision if the take the time to actually look at hand histories.

When I found out about this playing at Ultimate Bet I was pretty darn happy to learn that little tidbit. I use it to my advantage to get a great deal of incite as to what kind of hand my opponents will call the river with.

One might think this could work against you. However, I look at it this way. One, many of my opponents at the low levels I am playing at don't even know what the hand history button is worth. And, the ones that do are not going to get much information off of me. Why, because a tight-aggressive or even semi-tight semi-aggressive player like myself is not involved in many hands. So, building up a read is a lot harder than with loose aggressive or calling stations. I have much more to gain by seeing mucked river hands of others then others have to gain from seeing mine.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands