Holy Hell Bodog?? Client problems..

D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Downloaded the bodog software last week just to play the OFC. Played it a few times to familiarise myself with the software and have had no problems.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to read that you're having a much better experience Divebitch.

Successfully reinstalled the App to the netbook...experience with 03.09.10 640PM PST $500 Freeroll less than optimal:

System kept freezing up (& it was the only app in use!?!) -- never saw the completion of any hand :eek: so had no clue what the other peeps were playing or who even won @ times (only if I was paying attn to chip stacks before & after the hand...spent most of time saying 'WTH')...knew there was a showdown since there would be an entire board on the screen.

The action would stop, if I opted to fold, & then I would return @ the end of the hand w/o a clue of what had just happened. If I opted to play...the sytem would fold for me & I would get the same results as when I chose to fold myself...sigh.

Will try another test run (or more?!) prior to the OFC event @ the end of the month...but @ least know the app will work (kinda) on the netbook.

Last edited:
bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to let everyone in this thread know, Bodog has by far the best customer service in the business. They even list the number on top of the client at all times. They also usually answer a call within a few rings - yes, you actually get to talk to a live person. Posting things in this thread will not help or resolve your issues but if you call them, they will hook you up with technical support who will guide you through your issues - many times even making your pc run faster overall in general. ;)

Good point Kasanova King...for moi, I was multi tasking several downloads so chose not to be on the phone with Tech Support for an app that I plan on using @ the end of the month :).

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I used to get the freezing and the auto fold problems constantly about a year ago, but for the last 10 months I have not had a problem with Bodog.
I am using XP.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played their freeroll today too. Freezed up like crazy, usually came back in time for the bet, just 1 time it didn't. But called them on the phone immediately. Got someone (immediately, good on them), but could only suggest I clear my cookies & history etc. I did all that and it did not help at all. FWIW, I asked others at the table if they were having that problem, and 2 answered this time, no problems whatsoever. I'm totally at a loss.

ean

ean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same thing happening, but it was in the rather large freeroll, so I figured it might be the early stages of a large FR that heavy load was part of the reason....but now in hearing all the replies here, I'm reconsidering.

I phoned their support, and nice girl answered, actually spoke great English even, but she was like "well, you're the only one had trouble with it....". So please give phone support a call when you freeze, and let them know it's not just lil' Ean! ;) ;)

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same thing happening, but it was in the rather large freeroll, so I figured it might be the early stages of a large FR that heavy load was part of the reason....but now in hearing all the replies here, I'm reconsidering.

I phoned their support, and nice girl answered, actually spoke great English even, but she was like "well, you're the only one had trouble with it....". So please give phone support a call when you freeze, and let them know it's not just lil' Ean! ;) ;)

They must have some communication issues if they are saying this. I notice everytime I play you'll get a lot more people that timeout/take FOREVER than usual. I asked a few times why and some responded with the issues we all are having.

Come on bodog, fix this mess!:egg:

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I told the guy "you must be getting lots of calls about this." He denied it. Like Acy, I noticed a couple others timing out too, in the rare times when I was running okay I guess. Still Ean, large freeroll or not, it is NOT that large. Max 5000, and usually just about 3000 sign up.

ean

ean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Dive, I was trying to be on the polite side regarding BoDog and at least give a little credit to the possibility of the size of the tourney being part of the reason. But clearly from this thread on CC, there are just plain issues with the latest Bodog software.

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad I found this thread. I haven't played in a few months (real life got in the way) and started in some low limit NH games just to get my feel back and there were a couple people timing out consistently. Changed tables and same thing. Glad it is probably a tech issue and not player behavior. That helps me keep my frustrations in check, though I still wont be playing more than an hour or so at a time until it gets sorted out.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada