Have you ever encountered the problem that the software is not good?

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I played on Pokerstar yesterday and had a 5 drill. Even Drill 4 won. I looked back and didn't understand. I've experienced strangeness sometimes before, but this one was very penetrating..

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So you thought you had the best hand but didn't win the pot?

In such cases it's usually the best to take a screenshot to share here.

In the chat window, pokerstars also lists why the hand won.

So maybe there was a flush you oversaw or any other reason why your hand was beat.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think software developers designed it so them and their friends can benefit... kinda like how Eddie Tipton fixed the lottery from the inside.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh hell yes! I ran into software problems on ignition and Black Chip. On Ignition, the fancy backdrops were taken away, along with all the animations. That was neither here nor there since I came to play. I was always having problems such as getting a notice that I had insufficient funds when it was obvious I did. I finally had to remove the old client, download a new one and install that. Then it quit working completely, nothing but a black screen.

As for Black Chip, that damn thing failed nore than it worked. I was afraid I'd lost my entire deposit as you can't access the Chasier without that client. Once I got it working, I cashed out. That's how I wound up at Seals With Clubs: it runs directly from a browser. (Opera is best for that.)

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It’s weird personnaly I never encounters this kind of problem before, ask for your software to send you the hand and post it for review :D

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
So you thought you had the best hand but didn't win the pot?

In such cases it's usually the best to take a screenshot to share here.

In the chat window, PokerStars also lists why the hand won.

So maybe there was a flush you oversaw or any other reason why your hand was beat.
No. I looked back several times. There was no other way. There were different colors, anyway, in the case of a match of three, the same color cannot be taken into account. At pokerstar, I can only take a screenshot from my phone, but I didn't even think about it, because the competition went on.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It’s weird personnaly I never encounters this kind of problem before, ask for your software to send you the hand and post it for review :D
Unfortunately, I've seen it several times in other hands, which didn't happen to me... I looked back and didn't understand why the game decided when the loser was the one with the better hand.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Unfortunately, I've seen it several times in other hands, which didn't happen to me... I looked back and didn't understand why the game decided when the loser was the one with the better hand.
Pokerstars is an official site, so I doubt that their software has serious bugs in the hand rankings, which is a crucial concept of poker, so I genuinely assume you may have some misunderstandings. Happens to the best of us sometimes.

As suggested, you may request some hands manually in the software and share them here, so we can study together. 🙂

There were different colors, anyway, in the case of a match of three, the same color cannot be taken into account.
I see. If the board didn't have at least 3 cards of the same colour, then there is no flush possible indeed.

Another guess is that you had a 5 as hole card combined with another card and the board read something like
545xx

And your opponent had two 4s in his hole cards?

Then he has a full house and you only have three of a kind and a Full House beats trips. 🙂

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the years there have been many posts like this, where someone thought, the software on whatever poker site rewarded the pot to the wrong player. And every single time it has turned out, that the person making this claim misread either their own hand, the board or the opponents hand. Or they did not know the rules of the game, they were playing. Like for instance they were playing 6+ hold`em and did not know, a flush beat a full house. So no offence to OP, but this thread is a useless waste of time and even more so without a screenshot or hand history to back up his claim ;)