Grinding It Out

W

will- e -gamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have remained consistent in playing within my bankroll so far but man is it slow work. Previously, I was given $10 by a friend online and I was able to buildit to $955 within 3 weeks.Obviously i played outside of my bankroll and took some chances and was lucky. But the inevitable happened and I hit a bad run and went broke. What a surprise!Well I sent $250 and went broke again and then friend gave me $10 again and I have built it back up to $104. Now I have built $10 into $100 plus at least 3 times but have always played outside roll and gone bust. This is slow work doing it the right way, but while there has been some variance I have't gone way down(or up).Also, I haven't had a tilt session yet either!

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much do you think you are making per session?

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy grind it out dude play premium hands and don't let the fishes stay if you play limit you only want to have a constant win rate of 1 big bet an hour.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy grind it out dude play premium hands and don't let the fishes stay if you play limit you only want to have a constant win rate of 1 big bet an hour.

You only want a a win rate of 1 BB/hour??? So if you could make 5BB/hour multitabling you wouldnt do it?? lol

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have remained consistent in playing within my bankroll so far but man is it slow work. Previously, I was given $10 by a friend online and I was able to buildit to $955 within 3 weeks.Obviously i played outside of my bankroll and took some chances and was lucky. But the inevitable happened and I hit a bad run and went broke. What a surprise!Well I sent $250 and went broke again and then friend gave me $10 again and I have built it back up to $104. Now I have built $10 into $100 plus at least 3 times but have always played outside roll and gone bust. This is slow work doing it the right way, but while there has been some variance I have't gone way down(or up).Also, I haven't had a tilt session yet either!

I dont see a point or a question in this post. What I see is you started out playing out of your limits got lucky, got greedy and got bust.

which book did you quote that out of? ;)

You only want a a win rate of 1 BB/hour??? So if you could make 5BB/hour multitabling you wouldnt do it?? lol

I think OP is playing NL so in NL the 1BB/ hour really does not apply. If you are multitabling Limit you can expect to lose a little value so if you are playing 5 tables id say you would make between 3-4 BB/hour. Im sure you are going to lose some value in some hands from time to time by missplaying them because of the multiple tables.

C

ccntt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here's the question... is it bad.. or is it a real bad idea for those with a small 10 or 20 $ bank roll to be outside of the management roll to build a small but bigger br to try to open up sum options and a lil more money making possibilities?

C

ccntt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and i should prolly note that thats kinda what i did put on 100 on bodog place on final table on 40 k and 25k both from sat wins and was up to bout 1200 but now back down to 500 or so and playing more in the br mode

W

will- e -gamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stormswa the point?

I dont see a point or a question in this post. What I see is you started out playing out of your limits got lucky, got greedy and got bust.

Well, the point should have been obvious. Because I'm playing within my broll I haven,t gone broke yet !!!! Read it again if u missed it. There was no question , in that you are correct.

which book did you quote that out of? ;)

I think OP is playing NL so in NL the 1BB/ hour really does not apply. If you are multitabling Limit you can expect to lose a little value so if you are playing 5 tables id say you would make between 3-4 BB/hour. Im sure you are going to lose some value in some hands from time to time by missplaying them because of the multiple tables.[/quote]