Great, so what are these FTP Points good for?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get free stox from there (TFPT).

Also, the new Matusow book is worth the <7K FTPs imo. Otherwise, save for the big ticket electronics items.

R

RightMeow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would personally use them to buy into any tournies that you can... The stuff they 'sell' from FT store cost way too much! Like somebody posted earlier... 1800 ftp for cards...jeeeez, give us a break.

I'd say just save them up for a nice big tourney... or take advantage of this promotion for the 5$ games and just try and turn them into quick money... 75ftp can turn into 5$... oh well... might aswell considering you could trade 1800 ftp for a deck of cards which would cost what? 3 bucks tops

But to his their own. Good luck in what you decide to do

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of Stox. If you plat at FTP signing up at http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com/ is a no-brainer. At the level you plan to play getting Stox and CR for free is a breeze and it cost you nothing, not even an MGR hit.
second time i heard about this. it doesnt tell you on the site how many FTPs you got to earn to keep the memebership. how many FTPs is it?

--btw if you got a low roll the daily $ is the way to go. if you got 1k FTPs i would try the 50FTP satelitte to the DD.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would be nice if they at least let you turn em into T$ or $ without having to use them to buy into tournaments

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
second time i heard about this. it doesnt tell you on the site how many FTPs you got to earn to keep the memebership. how many FTPs is it?

--btw if you got a low roll the daily $ is the way to go. if you got 1k FTPs i would try the 50FTP satelitte to the DD.

You have to earn 8500/month for both (remember you don't lose the points you just have to earn them). 3000 for just Stox. 5500 for CR.

You also get partial months if you don't earn enough points. So even if you only get 1500 points in a month you still get 1/2 month of Stox for free (assuming you list Stox as your primary).

Seriously, if you play at FTP, not signing up there is stupid.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya just signed up there ... seems like playing in the MTTs or using them for T$ and taking the cash is the best way to go i guess.

J

joeey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use my ftp points on the 50 ftp buy ins sit n' go 54 players max, 1st place a ticket to a 2500 ftp buy in sat to 1.5 mil guarantee i like this but if your not careful could spend all your points the action is fast and the game is very addicting but other then that the ftp store is kind of a joke the prices are so crazy you got to spend some serious coin to get those ftp points i've must have spent close to 300.00 $ real money and only got 650 ftp points of course those are long gone but had a fun time spending them :cool:

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not true for tourneys with no overlay. I've been told your mgr does not suffer if you play tourneys.

:eek: How sure are you of this?
Why is this the case?

They have a real nice looking dressing gown I am now going to delay buying.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: How sure are you of this?
Why is this the case?

They have a real nice looking dressing gown I am now going to delay buying.

I have no idea why this is the case and I have been told this by people who have played on FTP a lot longer than I have.

But even though playing tourneys with no overlay doesn't hurt your mgr, cashing out does. Yep I believe they take $50 from your MGR from every check you order. This isn't $50 in rakeback it's w/e 27% of $50 is but still they're charging you money to cash out and not really telling you about it hiding it by deducting MGR.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, getting a check costs you ~$12 in rakeback, iirc.

Also any tournament with an overlay, regardless of how you paid to enter, effects your MGR.

I'm not 100% sure that using points to enter doesn't hit your MGR but I've only done it once and I just assumed it did (since everything else does). So if Zach's correct in that it doesn't, (again no reason to believe he is wrong on this), tourney entries are probably the way to go assuming you can keep the gun out of your mouth when you play them.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You have to earn 8500/month for both (remember you don't lose the points you just have to earn them). 3000 for just Stox. 5500 for CR.

You also get partial months if you don't earn enough points. So even if you only get 1500 points in a month you still get 1/2 month of Stox for free (assuming you list Stox as your primary).

What if you earn your FTP's via other FTP satellites (ie. I've often played the 650FTP sng satellite to 2,500FTPs).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What if you earn your FTP's via other FTP satellites (ie. I've often played the 650FTP sng satellite to 2,500FTPs).

Doesn't count. You need to rake enough to earn the points to get the free subs.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i got like 12k FTPs and another 15k in academy points(which will be lots more soon enough). i dont get rake back. i wondering if i should just buy the book i wanted and sign up for free. which is better and why of the two cr or stox? i could probably skip the book and buy 6months at either. i dont earn 3k a month yet but maybe 2k it wont matter if i dont earn them right. i just wont get any free stox or cr that month right?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got like 12k FTPs and another 15k in academy points(which will be lots more soon enough). i dont get rake back. i wondering if i should just buy the book i wanted and sign up for free. which is better and why of the two cr or stox? i could probably skip the book and buy 6months at either. i dont earn 3k a month yet but maybe 2k it wont matter if i dont earn them right. i just wont get any free stox or cr that month right?

If you don't earn the full amount you get given weekly increments.
Lets say I go on holiday and only earn 1500 FTPs I'll still get 2weeks worth of membership next month.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not true for tourneys with no overlay. With overlay you lose mgr for the extra money but I've been told your mgr does not suffer if you play tourneys. That said 750k is the best value if you have enough, it's 43k points for a $216 tourney.

I just contacted PSO (my rackback supplier) on this.
After double checking they told me this only applies for freerolls.

You will lose $5 of your MGR per 1000 points spent on top of any overlay the tournament has.

They told me the exact opposite then double checked and changed their mind. So may be worth someone else checking this.