GGPoker sit and go

K

kkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why sit & go games are not available at GGPoker?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you tried asking GGPoker?

The tournament lobby could use some huge improvements also.. especially for Low & Micro stakes. There's not a lot of games happening but I'm sure there could be if they could get it together & set up a decent schedule of tourneys (closer to what partypoker is now doing)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why sit & go games are not available at GGPoker?

because on gg they like to offer high variance rake trap games like allin or fold, gold and rush, spin and gold instead of normal sit and goes to make the money flow arround more and therefore rake more. its not a coincidence they hired daniel "more rake is better" negreanu as their ambassador.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because on gg they like to offer high variance rake trap games like allin or fold, gold and rush, spin and gold instead of normal sit and goes to make the money flow arround more and therefore rake more. its not a coincidence they hired daniel "more rake is better" negreanu as their ambassador.

As for "gold n rush" its GG Pokers variation of fast fold cash games like pokerstars Zoom games. And just from looking in the lobby, since I am not allowed to play on GG Poker, they might actually be worth playing. They apparently have a rake cap of 3BB per pot, which for micro and low stakes games is extremely low compared to cash games on other sites. So I would not exactly label that game a "rake trap". In fact it seem to instead be an outright bargain.

But yeah. Of course GG Poker is trying to make money. So are any other poker sites. They are after all private businesses. And the harsh reality is, nobody need winning poker players. Recreational players dont need us, and poker sites certainly dont either, because we essentially suck money out of the ecosystem, when we withdraw our winnings.

So we are tolerated but certainly not loved by any poker sites. And GG Poker has made absolutely no bones about the fact, they are catering to recreational players. For instance they also have a policy prohibiting bum hunting in cash games. At the end of the day, if you dont like, what a certain poker site has to offer, then dont play there. Vote with your feet and rake money. Pretty much as simple as that :)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for "gold n rush" its GG Pokers variation of fast fold cash games like PokerStars Zoom games. And just from looking in the lobby, since I am not allowed to play on GG Poker, they might actually be worth playing. They apparently have a rake cap of 3BB per pot, which for micro and low stakes games is extremely low compared to cash games on other sites. So I would not exactly label that game a "rake trap". In fact it seem to instead be an outright bargain.

But yeah. Of course GG Poker is trying to make money. So are any other poker sites. They are after all private businesses. And the harsh reality is, nobody need winning poker players. Recreational players dont need us, and poker sites certainly dont either, because we essentially suck money out of the ecosystem, when we withdraw our winnings.

So we are tolerated but certainly not loved by any poker sites. And GG Poker has made absolutely no bones about the fact, they are catering to recreational players. For instance they also have a policy prohibiting bum hunting in cash games. At the end of the day, if you dont like, what a certain poker site has to offer, then dont play there. Vote with your feet and rake money. Pretty much as simple as that :)

dude u sound a bit like a gg shill. i am certainly aware that they are a private company and they try to make money but i can have my opinion about them no? i play there an absolute minimum with money i won for free. and by the way: almost every zoom variant is kind of a "rake trap" in my opinion but at least they are offering normal cash games too.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude u sound a bit like a gg shill. i am certainly aware that they are a private company and they try to make money but i can have my opinion about them no? i play there an absolute minimum with money i won for free. and by the way: almost every zoom variant is kind of a "rake trap" in my opinion but at least they are offering normal cash games too.

I am not affiliated with GG Poker in any way. In fact I can not even play there, because currently they are not offering their services in my location (sweden) for legal reasons. I just feel, that overly negative and emotional comments about whatever poker site dont help anyone find the games, that are maybe still worth playing.

Like maybe GG Pokers version of fast fold games, which at least at first look seems like something, I would actually want to give a try, if I was allowed to play there. Its been the same with PokerStars for years. "OMG they got so greedy, its not like in the good old days, bla bla bla". Yeah ok maybe that is true. But it could also be, that some games on PokerStars are actually still worth playing.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd definitely like to see sit & go's at GGPoker. I love the platform but honestly have cut back a lot there because sit & go's are my favorite

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm also disappointed they don't do sit and go I would love them to add them in the new update

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes,it would be great if we could play more different types of tournaments at GGPoker.Then they would really compete with PokerStars.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they not gonna bring SNGs on that site...
They'll keep just spins

Beardownman

Beardownman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like to play there. I would more so if they had SNGs as I dont have enough time for alot of the touneys and not to keen on cash games.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it's Daniel ' shill' Negreanu in disuise ;)

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if they added some sng's or 'on demand' sng's, which are basically 'mini tourny's', it would be a good idea for those who like tourny play but don't have time to play them...

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yeah, I like the platform and I also don't understand why they don't have sit & go, I would really appreciate it if they did.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if they added some sng's or 'on demand' sng's, which are basically 'mini tourny's', it would be a good idea for those who like tourny play but don't have time to play them...
Also, I think if they added 'normal' sng's they would get a lot more traffic.. :)