najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey guys,

Call me dumb, stupid or whatever you want, I just can't find any SIT&GOs on that nicely cluttered GGPoker lobby !
And BTW, I played my first CC $100 freeroll on it today and even cashed out !! A whole 80c 😌😌

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
congratulations on 80c, but how did you cash them out such a small amount can I withdraw? I just play at other poker rooms and you can cash out from $10 or more, and for pokerstars from $100 and above

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations on 80c, but how did you cash them out such a small amount can I withdraw? I just play at other poker rooms and you can cash out from $10 or more, and for pokerstars from $100 and above
I think, OP mean "cashed" in the freeroll not "cashed out" as in withdrew his 80c from GG Poker ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SnG is sadly a dead format:/
Thats not really true. Or at least its no more true than saying, that online cash games are dead. SnGs still run on most poker sites just not GG Poker. Action cap out lower than in the past. But this does not really matter, unless you are bankrolled AND skilled to play mid or high stakes games. For someone playing with a small bankroll and/or new to the game SnGs are very much well and alive :)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey Gallarado,

Sorry, I only meant I made the money. ITM as they say. No poker room would allow you to withdraw an amount that small :)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
GG Poker dont have traditional SnGs. Only Spins and similar gambling formats.
Oh I see, thank you fundiver.
I don't like that but I do like the site.
Weird thing though ! The first poker room with no S&Gs that I know of.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weird thing though ! The first poker room with no S&Gs that I know of.
Obviously only GG Poker know, why they made that decision. But if I had to guess, it might be, that Spins generate more rake payment per hour, and they are more addictive, so they are more profitable for poker sites. So by not offering traditional SnGs maybe GG Poker hope to make more people play their Spins. Years ago 888 Poker ran daily freerolls for a long time, which rewarded 5$ tickets to the top 600 finishers. These were labeled as "Blast" tickets (888s version of Spins) but could in fact be used for any 5$ game. But it was pretty clear, that 888 Poker wanted people to play Blast. Presumably with the idea, that after the "free" game, enough people would press "play another" and then "play another" and so on and so forth, until the money had eventually returned to 888 Poker in rake.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
All novice MTT players are recommended to play Sit&Gos to improve their push-fold and heads-up strategy. Sit&Go strategy is quite simple and suits beginners well. The main rule is to play carefully and not lose extra chips. At the early levels, we play extremely carefully, play strong hands, and do not get involved in adventures. In fact, there are much more subtleties when playing Sit & Go.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No sngs ?? That's strange for sure . I do not know how much poker players prefer sngs or not for 100% sure , but on PS I think many play sngs , at least at the micros .....

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
No sngs ?? That's strange for sure . I do not know how much poker players prefer sngs or not for 100% sure , but on PS I think many play sngs , at least at the micros .....
Exactly. And not just on PS. Every poker site I know of has SIT & GOs and their regulars. I personally like them a lot. That's actually where I go get my money back after I got knocked out of an MTT 😌😌😋😋. But GG went for the quick money with all those fast paced bullshit gambling games. On the other hand, they offer a huge variety of tourneys from micros to high roller stakes and playing on it is kind of enjoyable too...

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I exactly thought the same back in November. 😅
Well Andy, Now that I'm getting more familiar with the site, I have to say that except their lobby, I'm starting to like everything else. PS is still my favorite of course, along with 888, but GG comes in very handy when one needs a little change. And due to the immense array of the games offered, we can still have fun without SIT&GOs. Not to mention that the competition is clearly a little softer than on PS.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to try GG but I did not start playing there for that reason: No Sit and Go. Well I play a lot of MTT but I like Sit and Go because you don't always have time enough to spend 3 hours to play. So SNG are a nice way to keep in touch with poker even if you are busy with your normal life.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I wanted to try GG but I did not start playing there for that reason: No Sit and Go. Well I play a lot of MTT but I like Sit and Go because you don't always have time enough to spend 3 hours to play. So SNG are a nice way to keep in touch with poker even if you are busy with your normal life.
Yes, that's another very important point. You can play a couple of SIT &GOs without having to spend hours and hours on an MTT. Not everybody has that kind of time and not everybody is a "pro" 😜😜.
I'm sure they know that at GGpoker, but they want to be different and more importantly for them, they are chosing the quicker way to the quick Millions (As explained by fundiver19 above).

Last edited:
EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
As GG Poker does not have Sit & Go tournaments, it is not a good poker room for beginners. That is my opinion. I remember learning poker myself by playing single-table Sit & Go games on PokerStars.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As GG Poker does not have Sit & Go tournaments, it is not a good poker room for beginners. That is my opinion. I remember learning poker myself by playing single-table Sit & Go games on PokerStars.
Well, GGpoker still has a lot of micro stake tourneys (Even 25c) that are suited for beginners too.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, GGpoker still has a lot of micro stake tourneys (Even 25c) that are suited for beginners too.
The problem is, you need to devote many hours to play an MTT, even if its only for 25c, and with presumably 1.000`s of participants its almost impossible to reach the final table.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Absolutely true.
To be honest, I didn't really know how to properly answer EmptyHouse who had decided thaf GG is not good for beginners just because they have no S&Ts.