flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
another grind day at 3 sites. ok on 2 but GG continues to hand out 2 outer suck outs. Got 3 of their GGCare entry chips today. Holy are they off on their percentages of how often a 2 outer should hit -it is not a coin flip GG!!!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok. thanks for the input.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you flip a coin 10 times in your livingroom, you might end up with 6 heads and 4 tails. Then if you go and do the same in your kitchen, you might end up with 2 heads and 8 tails. But if you repeat the process the next day, the results will most likely be different. Its just variance, and it does not mean, there is any difference between flipping a coin in your kitchen and your livingroom.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And played 3 tourneys at GG today - out in all three quickly with bad beats. My 2 favs were: called down each street large bet on my AK of hearts by J9 off suit in BB - I hit 2 kings on flop but runner runner for the 9 to K straight for opponent, and: out again with an AA push, called by big stack with 99 and yep, 9 on the old river. Thanks GG - another GG care entry for me...

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about GG but I've had so many bad beats in 888 today.

AKs vs QJo, I'm all-in preflop and flop hits K4Q rainbow, looking good, turns a 10 and river comes A...

Next hand straight after, I'm short stacked with A7o all in preflop, same player calls with A4s, was thinking I have him dominated. Flop comes 765 rainbow, happy days hit my 7... turns an 8.....

Next game I got KQo, standard 3x raise preflop, 1 caller who is short stacked. Flop hits 9KA, checked to me and I raise the short stack all in. He calls me with 92o, I'm laughing at the fish and the turns a 2....

Just there I was on a table where AA was dealt three hands in a row and twice to the same player!

It's been a depressing day

Last edited:
flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
888 has really gone to the dark side with their poker for all ad campaign. I think they turned the bingo meter up by a factor of 10. Everyone on any table I'm on is losing to a worse hand - it is wild there right now. I'm just playing freerolls there now and saving my bankroll there for saner times!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fundiver is 888's golden child or something. Is there anyone else on CardChat that actually makes a decent profit there? Honestly this coin flip in the living room analogy is pretty weak. I have been in the variance gutter for almost 2 years now. When my premium pocket pair holds up all in pre-flop against one opponent, I am actually surprised. It is so bad that I am pretty much expecting to be set-mined even before the first three cards show up on the board. And this has been going on for months and months and months. It isn't like I jam against 4 opponents. It is almost always one player who just happens to have the right cards to hit a set, a flush, or a straight by the river, all without even seeing the flop. All pre-flop. So please don't bother with the coin flip stories. I don't know if GG poker is this bad, but you are not alone in this experience OP. It is wild out there.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They all seem to be higher than normal but I find 888 the worst for bad beats.

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They all seem to be higher than normal but I find 888 the worst for bad beats.

Really?

Would it be more likely in the freerolls since 888 has so many of them, or is this insight in general?

Would be great to hear from Fundiver if he's the golden child as you say

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fundiver is 888's golden child or something. Is there anyone else on CardChat that actually makes a decent profit there? Honestly this coin flip in the living room analogy is pretty weak. I have been in the variance gutter for almost 2 years now. When my premium pocket pair holds up all in pre-flop against one opponent, I am actually surprised. It is so bad that I am pretty much expecting to be set-mined even before the first three cards show up on the board. And this has been going on for months and months and months. It isn't like I jam against 4 opponents. It is almost always one player who just happens to have the right cards to hit a set, a flush, or a straight by the river, all without even seeing the flop. All pre-flop. So please don't bother with the coin flip stories. I don't know if GG poker is this bad, but you are not alone in this experience OP. It is wild out there.
I have been in the variance gutter for almost 2 years now.
Maybe you're just not as good at the game as you think you are?

I find 888Poker to be a bit softer than other sites at the low stakes tables. The site seems to be able to attract more rookies &/or bad players. Probably due to where they choose to advertise.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Really?

Would it be more likely in the freerolls since 888 has so many of them, or is this insight in general?

This 'insight' is just rubbish. Don't believe what you read.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been in the variance gutter for almost 2 years now.
Maybe you're just not as good at the game as you think you are?

I find 888Poker to be a bit softer than other sites at the low stakes tables. The site seems to be able to attract more rookies &/or bad players. Probably due to where they choose to advertise.

That's not it at all. What I am talking about isn't poker, since these spots are all all-in-pre-flop. It should be simple probabilities that are either in line with expectations for variance or not. Nothing to do with how soft the site is.