GG Poker - Account Verification. What a Performance!

• Thread starter Sir Shove a Lot
  • Start date
Sir Shove a Lot

Sir Shove a Lot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I've been multi tabling at poker stars for quite some time and thought I would try another site just for a change. I know that online poker sites want account verification and have no complaint about that. But at GG, after sending a scan of my passport which BTW they said would be valid ID, they came back and demanded a full bank statement. No way. That is thoroughly intrusive and nobody gets to see my bank statements apart from HMRC (His Majesty's Revenue & Customs for non Brits). Then they demanded a selfie or a photo using my webcam I emailed them and told them I didn't have a phone that takes photos and I didn't have a webcam. Got an automated response, repeating their demand. In other words, they never read my email. To cut a long story short, I lost interest in GG poker and uninstalled their software. What a bunch of clowns.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I had no problem with the verification process at GG, it's normal today to ask for a picture with you holding your ID in front of a camera. Many others do the same.

The bank statement is just to verify your address, they are not interested in your transactions, you can just hide/delete them, they only want to see your address. I sent them a credit card statement and all was fine.

GG are one of the more serious ones out there, they are the official sponsor of wsop so I feel safe giving them my details. If you do not agree with their rules, it's your loss really.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I've been multi tabling at Poker Stars for quite some time and thought I would try another site just for a change. I know that online Poker sites want account verification and have no complaint about that. But at GG, after sending a scan of my passport which BTW they said would be valid ID, they came back and demanded a full bank statement. No way. That is thoroughly intrusive and nobody gets to see my bank statements apart from HMRC (His Majesty's Revenue & Customs for non Brits). Then they demanded a selfie or a photo using my webcam I emailed them and told them I didn't have a phone that takes photos and I didn't have a webcam. Got an automated response, repeating their demand. In other words, they never read my email. To cut a long story short, I lost interest in GG poker and uninstalled their software. What a bunch of clowns.
Bank statement is Just one of the possibilities...
I send them a utility bill and was verified immediately.

Concerning selfie... I'm sorry we have the year 2023 and having any smartphone is seen as a given .

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been multi tabling at Poker Stars for quite some time and thought I would try another site just for a change. I know that online Poker sites want account verification and have no complaint about that. But at GG, after sending a scan of my passport which BTW they said would be valid ID, they came back and demanded a full bank statement. No way. That is thoroughly intrusive and nobody gets to see my bank statements apart from HMRC (His Majesty's Revenue & Customs for non Brits). Then they demanded a selfie or a photo using my webcam I emailed them and told them I didn't have a phone that takes photos and I didn't have a webcam. Got an automated response, repeating their demand. In other words, they never read my email. To cut a long story short, I lost interest in GG poker and uninstalled their software. What a bunch of clowns.
Some folks go right through with minimum fuss, others get grilled by the CIA. I think a program decides randomly unless a person has thrown them a red flag. It seems excessive and intrusive though doesn't it. When they first started asking for ID etc, I thought it was some internet scam!

Sir Shove a Lot

Sir Shove a Lot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
When they asked for a bank statement they said 'full'. I took that to mean no redactions. They didn't ask for a utility bill. And, as for the selfie, I've never had a smart phone. Never wanted one. I object that people/companies assume that everyone has a smart phone. My old Nokia is all I need.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
When they asked for a bank statement they said 'full'. I took that to mean no redactions. They didn't ask for a utility bill. And, as for the selfie, I've never had a smart phone. Never wanted one. I object that people/companies assume that everyone has a smart phone. My old Nokia is all I need.
Exactly. I work in front of a big computer screen all day. Why should I have a smartphone lying on the desk beside me because it's convenient for some poker sites?

And how about people with bad hand coordination or bad eyesight. Your whole life should be managed through your phone thing is starting to get ridiculous. Fine as long as they give alternatives via a desktop.

Send them a Polaroid photo:cool:

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn, thought GG is the place to play at the moment because they take it rather "lax" with security 🤔

Now i am confused 😮 ...

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion, all legitimate licensed sites now verify a lot more stringently than in the old days, it is a pain in the butt I agree but at least you can rest assured that the player you are playing against is a real person and not an AI Bot

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
In my opinion, all legitimate licensed sites now verify a lot more stringently than in the old days, it is a pain in the butt I agree but at least you can rest assured that the player you are playing against is a real person and not an AI Bot
What stops the real players from having AI assistance on a screen next to them?

RTA (Real Time Assistance) and RTS (Real Time Solvers) have been a thing for several years. And before that people verified themself as real persons and after that let a bot play for them.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am not 100% on this but I believe GG is requesting players from the U.K. to provide full bank statements. (surely someone from the U.K. can confirm).

Most sites these days are much stricter regarding verification (I.D., proof of address, proof of deposit details). Sure it's a bit of a nuisance at first but support is efficient and not that much of a hassle. (fwiw, WPTGlobal was much more tedious for me vs. GGPoker).

And as already mentioned, you'll be the one missing out... not 'GG'. It's a great site. Best one out there these days.

Sir Shove a Lot

Sir Shove a Lot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I am not 100% on this but I believe GG is requesting players from the U.K. to provide full bank statements. (surely someone from the U.K. can confirm).

Most sites these days are much stricter regarding verification (I.D., proof of address, proof of deposit details). Sure it's a bit of a nuisance at first but support is efficient and not that much of a hassle. (fwiw, WPTGlobal was much more tedious for me vs. GGPoker).

And as already mentioned, you'll be the one missing out... not 'GG'. It's a great site. Best one out there these days.
I didn't start this thread because I thought GG's account verification is tedious. Insisting on a full bank statement is (IMO) a step way too far. As for their demand for a selfie or a webcam shot, I emailed why I was unable to comply. Their response (for what it was) showed that they hadn't even read my email. My full bank statement is not going to sit in some data bank just waiting for a hacker to steal my details.
As you point out it is my loss. I would still like to give GG poker a try, mainly out of interest as I have heard good things of it but there are some things which I either cannot nor will not provide. If they show themselves more flexible (for that, read helpful) then there are plenty of things I can send them to show proof of address and identity.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Damn, thought GG is the place to play at the moment because they take it rather "lax" with security 🤔

Now i am confused 😮 ...
Boomer problems... GG verification was a cakewalk . Their support works really fast.

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
On GG I sent documents to veryfication. I did photo's by my phone 108 MPI. All data is clear. They keep rejecting me because they say the photos are blurry. Well,I sending again and again,we can check who have more patience :cool:

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A real person registered and verified, that's all.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boomer problems... GG verification was a cakewalk . Their support works really fast.
Yes was the same for me (very easy). Now what most people itt dont get is that they did not wanted this bank statement for adress verification. Its because in the UK they now have very strict laws regarding gambling. It includes a 1k monthly deposit limit. On GG they are also limited in player transfers (as far as i know they can only send and receive tournament dollars but im not sure).

So i would rather call this "uk-problems". He can play along and send them what they want or continue playing on stars (untill they eventually want similar documents from him there).

I wonder if he made a deposit before verification. Maybe that triggered the whole thing.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Yes was the same for me (very easy). Now what most people itt dont get is that they did not wanted this bank statement for adress verification. Its because in the UK they now have very strict laws regarding gambing. It includes a 1k monthly deposit limit. On GG they are also limited in player transfers (as far as i know they can only send and receive tournament dollars but im not sure).

So i would rather call this "uk-problems". He can play along and send what they want or continue playing on stars (untill they eventually want similar documents from him there).

I wonder if he made a deposit before verification. Maybe that triggered the whole thing.
What seriously you have to deposit continously 1k in order to play there ? That's just absurd...
Oh yes definetly UK problems... incredibly unfair to all British players

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What seriously you have to deposit continously 1k in order to play there ? That's just absurd...
No it means that one can't deposit more than 1k/month. I think its the same for germans.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
No it means that one can't deposit more than 1k/month. I think its the same for germans.
Ah gotcha. Makes more sense 😅
So a similar pseudo prevention against gambling addiction like in germany...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
$1k is not too bad... I heard in some places they make you deposit $10k/month, EVERY month or you can't keep your account open.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
$1k is not too bad... I heard in some places they make you deposit $10k/month, EVERY month or you can't keep your account open.
So basically, screw you If you're not rich you can't play poker 😅

Or you need to have both massive skills and capital to start playing....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So basically, screw you If you're not rich you can't play poker 😅

Or you need to have both massive skills and capital to start playing....
Um... no. I was making a joke re: your post about the $1k ;)

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
NA and EU laws are complete corrupt BS. We really need the crypto adoption to succeed so we can give our governments the finger and then we can play poker without them being able to stop us.

I think many people living in some of the NA and EU countries have to just move to a different country if they want to play poker. I think latin america could be the best place on earth now. They love crypto and freedom thanks to Bukele and and Milei.

But it can be difficult to relocate there if you are a losing micro stakes player still learning to play, so in that case I guess you just have to give up on your dreams of poker, buy a shirt that says "F the gov" and be salty for the rest of your life.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I usually send an apartment bill or phone bill to confirm the address. And everything is fine.