GG freerolls- why an unequal head start?

R

Rory59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Been playing these GG Xmas freerolls, usually full with 25,000 players, but 3,000 get a mincash of $5. So please explain to me why the leaderboard has other guys starting between 150-1,000…..:yes a thousand Big Blinds? And not that they can play either, I lasted an hour and the stacks don’t seem to rise TOO much….but still a 10x chip lead just to start that’s really fair, huh?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey there,
I played them as well and also witnessed starting stacks from 100bb to 1000bb. Because I wanted to know if the sizing is randomly given or not, I check player stats of those who start with 100bb and those with 1000bb. It became clear, that the stack sizes corellate to the player winnings, meaning the 100bb players have zero to low amount of winnings and the 1000bb players have high winning numbers and that makes perfect sense. The player with a lot of winnings has paid a lot of rake and is so awarded with a higher chance to win that freeroll. Most winners won´t even bother to play that freeroll otherwise I guess and even if they do, they often just goof around trying to get super deep fast or simply closing the tournament.
However I wish you good luck in further GG Xmas freerolls.
Greets

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Obviously, the more rake players pay, the higher they usually play, the bigger is the prize/rewards they get. Some rooms decide to handle this by organizing different freerolls with different prizepools, have different probability of hitting prizes on the wheels or different levels of chests. GG decided here to organize one freeroll for all, but with different starting stacks to compensate this disparity. Whether it's better or worse, fair or not is another question. I think it's fair, to be honest, since it's a gift promo which requires literally nothing to participate and it's meant to give little something to all players. 10$ to a higher stake players is the same as, let's say, 50 cents to a lower stake player. The first gets 5$ as a guaranteed prize, the latter gets a chance to win it (or even more).

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I normally hate the "it's unfair" posts because 9 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with fair or unfair it's just poker... but starting players out with different sized stacks is dare I say it unfair.... I don't think I'd bother registering👍

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I normally hate the "it's unfair" posts because 9 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with fair or unfair it's just poker... but starting players out with different sized stacks is dare I say it unfair.... I don't think I'd bother registering👍

It's a freeroll with an extremely flat payout structure.

Perhaps when they get the $5 min. cash, they'll be able to use it to play in some actual buyin games. Maybe they'll discover they like playing in real buyin games.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was also wondering why some players started with a much bigger stack than others, but then I remembered that it was a freeroll and I have nothing to complain about, just play and that's it!!!

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Those who play at high stakes are given a lot of chips, 100,000. I play micro games and they give me 10,000 chips.

Freeroll Passwords