Getting traumatized by the poker star program !!

M

Minelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:mad: I did everything aggressive, with great caution! But the highest level accounts and the best placed in the tournament always win with the initial accounts!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I wrote elsewhere your problem was lack of bankroll management. There are free articles here on CC and elsewhere about the subject. You can also use this site to get an idea about the magnitude of poker variance.

Tournament Variance Calculator | Primedope

Just for fun I plugged in an approximation of, what you said, you were doing. Bankroll 36$, tournament buyin 2,2$ (the 2,2$ "big"), field 1.000 players, 200 get paid, ROI 30% (a very solid winner) and you are going to play 1.000 of them. The program calculate the risk of ruin as 84,1%. So the fact is, you would need to get really lucky for this to work out, and this time you were not.

Even with a 147$ bankroll, which is fairly close to the 220$, I recommended in another post, your risk of ruin would still be a solid 50%. Which is why, I recommend moving down, as your bankroll drops, because this will allow you to still play but just at a lower and lower limit, until hopefully your luck turns around.