FTP - Shallow Stack Rooms

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anybody played in these?

It feels very weird, it feels like the blinds are going to swallow me up any second. I was playing 6 max 50NL @ a shallow table and the default buy in was $20. I'm rolled for 25NL so I don't like buying in $50 unless its a capped game, and the 25NL full ring is a nitfest.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of action at these tables. Has anyone else tried them? I seem to gravitate more towards 50NL cap games and short stack 6 max rather than 25NL 6 max at full tilt just because I take it more seriously. I think it might be because 25NL is still in "cents" like a standard raise is to .85 while a standard raise in 50NL is like 1.50. Share your thoughts on these tables.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anybody played in these?

It feels very weird, it feels like the blinds are going to swallow me up any second. I was playing 6 max 50NL @ a shallow table and the default buy in was $20. I'm rolled for 25NL so I don't like buying in $50 unless its a capped game, and the 25NL full ring is a nitfest.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of action at these tables. Has anyone else tried them? I seem to gravitate more towards 50NL cap games and short stack 6 max rather than 25NL 6 max at full tilt just because I take it more seriously. I think it might be because 25NL is still in "cents" like a standard raise is to .85 while a standard raise in 50NL is like 1.50. Share your thoughts on these tables.
I had a go at one of these yesterday.

The standard of play was horrible.

People limp way too much.

Most limpers call any preflop raise (even 3-bets)

People bluff the flop way too much and way too big.

People call large flop raises way too much.

Essentially if you have a hand.. bet and if you dont, fold

You will get paid!

I actually saw a guy almost tripple up his stack in 4 hands only to call most of it off when villian shoved the river, he called for what was a 5x pot shove or 2/3 of his now deep stack.. with K5... that was a king high!

Made no sense at all.