FTP New Software - 'Synchronized Breaks'

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunno about this one. Seems to me that I've had connection problems ever since the latest update and before that I could count on one hand the number of times I d/c from a table. Also, when that huge turbo FR started up it locked my FT, had to end task it. Twice. Third time it did finally work. My connection is a 20meg/20meg FIOS connection so there should never be any connection issues.

As for the deep tables, I don't see where it makes a difference. It's not like the casual player who didn't want to play deep stacks would join the table. If they clicked on it accidentally I'm pretty sure they just left without actually buying in. You're still going to get all the same players at those tables you had before.

I had connection issues last night after this update as well.

As for the deep tables it's made a big difference in the number of deep tables running and in the number of fishes at those tables. Before the casual player just took any open seat, normal / deep didn't matter. Now that the deep tables are separated the casual player generally won't even see the deep tables. At 50nl last night there were enough deep tables running for me to sit at 8 of them but the number running was about 1/3 the norm. At the higher limits the number of available deep tables was considerably less.

F

fckmerunnin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a pretty cool feature but i think they should come up with one where it lets me win some lol

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the deep tables it's made a big difference in the number of deep tables running and in the number of fishes at those tables. Before the casual player just took any open seat, normal / deep didn't matter. Now that the deep tables are separated the casual player generally won't even see the deep tables. At 50nl last night there were enough deep tables running for me to sit at 8 of them but the number running was about 1/3 the norm. At the higher limits the number of available deep tables was considerably less.

Right now, at 200nl FR, there are 4 full deep tables running and 3 regs playing each other while trying to open a 5th one, while there are about 30 regular tables running.

Maybe i should learn to become a really good shortstacker. Obviously that's going to be the most profitable way to play at FTP if they keep this running. Oh soooo sad.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it would be great if when I was playing multiple tournaments they were all at Full Tilt lol.

But I am usually at pokerstars as well - so now instead of both of my breaks being on the hour the Full Tilt break will be over when my Pokerstars break begins.

Which means I am not likely to play many Full Tilt tournaments cause I will not be giving up the Pokerstar's tournies.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The synchronized breaks are definately a good thing. To anyone that doesn't like them: You have obviously not played 6+ tournaments at once like some others have. With the old way, playing 6 tables at once and not missing a hand, you basically had to wait 4-6 hours to go to the bathroom or grab some food. Sure you could leave whenever you want, but then you are definately going to miss some hands. Last week I was in 5 tournaments and 2 of them went on break so I ran to the can quick, and when I came back I see that I missed AA on one table, KK on the other, and well...10 2os on the other, lol. That sucks.

As far as the deepstack tables go: I just started playing them last week and have profited considerably. Last night I had to wait about 15 minutes to get into 4 deepstack tables at 50NL and then when I finally got on I realized they were all filled with guys who I already had a couple hundred hands of stats on: AKA the regulars. There were at least 3 at each table. While I play a decent amount, I'm not quite up to par with those guys.....so needless to to say, my profit last night became...well...negative. I couldn't figure out what happened to these tables until I started reading this thread, and now I understand. I just started liking deepstack, but now I'm gonna have to go back to the tables where I try to raise my AQos and get put all-in by some shortstacker. And let me tell you...it is impossible to read these guys as half the time they have junk and the other half they have me dominated. I don't like this "throw money in the pot and let the cards decide the winner" type of stuff. Thats not poker, thats luck (with a little bit of preflop skill).

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I like the synchronized break idea if for no other reason than you get a break 55 minutes after the last one ends, as opposed to 1 hour.

On the deep stack stuff, I only look at the Omaha HL tables, and there are deep stack tables there. I figured there must be tons more Holdem tables, so I went to check out what everyone was talking about. Lo and behold, I saw no designated 'D' tables at all. What am I missing?

Hey, post # 1234 - 2345 is about a year away. Tomorrow will be my 1 year 'versary here. :D

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that actually sounds pretty neat. credit to FT for having a good idea for once.
I Agree w/ chris,^^ thanks for saving me typing chris,,lol,:cool: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:)

S

Sohmurr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't see what the heck you guys are complaining about. Maybe you just play at different times and/or limits than I do, but I see absolutely no difference in the amount of deep tables running than before the update. If anything, it seems to have increased (most noticably at 6-max).

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't see what the heck you guys are complaining about. Maybe you just play at different times and/or limits than I do, but I see absolutely no difference in the amount of deep tables running than before the update. If anything, it seems to have increased (most noticably at 6-max).

i think you need to renew the prescription for your glasses.

Right now there is a single 100nl 6max table running and two at 200nl 6max. What stakes do you play???

S

Sohmurr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play micro stakes, $5NL full ring. At the time of this post, I see 4 full ring 100NL, 5 6-max 100NL, 5 full ring 200NL, and 8 6-max 200NL deep tables. It's only a modest increase from your post, but I expect as the day goes into night, it'll go up even more. Granted I don't plan to track them (at least not tonight).

Yeah, I do see a greater number of regular tables than deep. And without experience at higher limits I obviously don't know how many of each type is typical. But nothing seems unreasonable about the number of games and different table types running right now.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not tend to play more than one table at once but this is a great new feature. If tournament overlap then it means one break applies to both. Well done FT.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play micro stakes, $5NL full ring. At the time of this post, I see 4 full ring 100NL, 5 6-max 100NL, 5 full ring 200NL, and 8 6-max 200NL deep tables. It's only a modest increase from your post, but I expect as the day goes into night, it'll go up even more. Granted I don't plan to track them (at least not tonight).

Yeah, I do see a greater number of regular tables than deep. And without experience at higher limits I obviously don't know how many of each type is typical. But nothing seems unreasonable about the number of games and different table types running right now.

It used to be possible to 16-table deep tables only at 100 or 200nl. it used to be possible to start deep tables and get people to join them. All that is gone now.

It used to be a good balance. Good regs would start deep tables, shortstacking scumbags would start 20bb min tables, and recreational players would join whichever was available. Now that balance is broken and only the shortstacking scumbags get to start tables. That completely destroyed the quality of the games. There's no fun whatsoever playing 20bb deep poker.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the deep stack stuff, I only look at the Omaha HL tables, and there are deep stack tables there. I figured there must be tons more Holdem tables, so I went to check out what everyone was talking about. Lo and behold, I saw no designated 'D' tables at all. What am I missing?

I figured it out. It was filtered by 'fixed limit', where I supposed the concept of short-stacking doesn't work, unless you actually plan on losing a hand or 2 to get there. :eek: :p