Status
Not open for further replies.
lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the shutdown, no telling if we will see the money we have on the sites, where do we go, if anywhere? CC has U.S. friendly sites, but will they be shut down eventually as well? I am tempted to put money on one of them but hesitate because I don't want to lose more on another site if they try to run the gambit and go after everyone. Any thoughts?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the shutdown, no telling if we will see the money we have on the sites, where do we go, if anywhere? CC has U.S. friendly sites, but will they be shut down eventually as well? I am tempted to put money on one of them but hesitate because I don't want to lose more on another site if they try to run the gambit and go after everyone. Any thoughts?

I would just leave it for now. There's just no point at the minute while everything is in the air. Just keep your money to one side till you hear something.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just leave it for now. There's just no point at the minute while everything is in the air. Just keep your money to one side till you hear something.

this. take a break for a few days and come back to some solid advice. no-one knows what is going to happen at the moment.

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
transfer money to a trusted friend in europe

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait and See

Yeah, it's best to be cautious and see how the dust settles. It's unclear how this action is going to affect the likes of Carbon and other Merge sites.

The last thing you want to do is make a big deposit with them and find your money is locked away pending legal action. Hopefully all will become clearer in a few days.

Carbon, Everleaf and Cake have been allowing US citizens to play for years, but the charges against pokerstars, Full Tilt and Absolute relate to banks and payment processors.

Maybe the other sites have been operating in a different way to those three and so won't be threatened by similar charges.

Best to wait and see.

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although the three sites have been charged with bank fraud rather than gambling, this is probably a ruse to represent to other smaller poker sites that the U.S. can and will go after them. I don't think its a coincidence that they got the three biggest poker sites in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.