• Thread starter Tenaciousplayer
  • Start date
Tenaciousplayer

Tenaciousplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible, I don't know what others see in that site, but OMG, I would have to be stoned to continue to play there. I made a very small deposit and it will sit there a long time before I can play there and enjoy it. Its like playing in a delayed time warp.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What bodog lacks in software they make up in customer support. The cash games are extremely fishy and most of the tournaments are soft. Right now they have a mega micro promotion going, you earn 30 points at micro tables you get $10 cash bonus and a freeroll ticket to a $2500 fr that runs on tuesday nights. If you earn 50 points that cash bonus becomes $20. I think this promotion runs for a couple of more weeks and you do have to go to the website or call cs to opt in.

Tenaciousplayer

Tenaciousplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the software is horrible, poor traffic for tournies, I havent found a freeroll yet that doesnt cost anything, I could be wrong, but this site just wasnt for me

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog is a site I tried a few years back, but at the time pokerstars was open to the U.S. so that was my main site, a lot has changed in online poker since those days, at least for U.S. players. Compared to whats out there for American players right now I would have to say I could play there and be content, their customer service is really very good and to me that's what I go by the most.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mind Bodog too much except its a major memory hog if I try to use it on my netbook. Since they updated the lobby its looke much better. I dont know about traffic and such but their MTT selection looked more inticing then some other sites I have seen. And before carbon,, they were the only site that I actually got the check from and got it very fast. I just hate all this BF jive, Id like to put a little on many sites but if they all get busted, then its dumb too, so Im just depositing on one or 2 sites and running up or down and then moving on

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm kinda likin' it right now.. with my free ticket won in CC game, I'm sitting 15th of 30 left in the $100Kguar... weeeee (jinx)

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible, I don't know what others see in that site, but OMG, I would have to be stoned to continue to play there. I made a ... delayed time warp.

[/I]

Ya me too..

the software is horrible, poor traffic for tournies, I havent found a freeroll yet that doesnt cost anything, I could be wrong, but this site just wasnt for me

I agree...

I'm kinda likin' it right now.. with my free ticket won in CC game, I'm sitting 15th of 30 left in the $100Kguar... weeeee (jinx)

I whacked a lotta there too, he he he. tu Calvin...

L

lacemaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of freerolls at Bodog BBF, but since then they appear to have dropped the freerolls entirely. They used to have 2 $500 freerolls every day (2 pm and 9 pm), open to all comers. I asked them right after the freerolls disappeared, and they said they were 'reorganizing' and the freerolls should be returning shortly. Never happened. All their freerolls are now 'earned' by depositing or earning FPP.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like free rolls anyway, so the dropped free rolls don't bother me. I just echo what the others here say. Crappy software but great customer service and no hassle withdraws. I want to add about the micro promo, only one more week, definitely a winner, I have gotten $20 free there each week, but so far have not chased in the free roll. Get in on this last week, an easy $20.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO all Flash based sites suk. Slooooooow arse memory hogs.

-

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What Bodog lacks in software they make up in customer support.
Support does seem good. Had an experience yesterday, was experiencing connection issues (something fk'n up with my puter.. some stuff worked.. some didn't) - - wasn't able to login to Bodog & was pre-reg'd in the $100Kguar. with a ticket I'd won. 20+mins. into it I still can't login so I email Bodog about it. (a short while later I got in)
On break I checked my emails & Bodog support had replied to my email, telling me that they'd tried to reach me on my phone but weren't able to (I had my cell turned off at the time). Can't say I know of anyother sites that will phone you up when you're disconnecting.
The cash games are extremely fishy and most of the tournaments are soft. Right now they have a mega micro promotion going, you earn 30 points at micro tables you get $10 cash bonus and a freeroll ticket to a $2500 fr that runs on tuesday nights. If you earn 50 points that cash bonus becomes $20. I think this promotion runs for a couple of more weeks and you do have to go to the website or call cs to opt in.
I haven't played much on Bodog but am always up for a 'freebie'. Wondering how long it takes to get 30pts.?

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience

I don't care a lot for their software but their customer support has been great. It's the only site I belong to atm (for real money anyways) so I can't compare to others. I understand that they are going to update their software in the near future.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played much on Bodog but am always up for a 'freebie'. Wondering how long it takes to get 30pts.?
If you sit at a couple of .25/.50 limit tables, 3 hours max to get 50 points. Get in on some PLO8 or NLHE alot quicker. This is the last week of the promotion. Hoping for a good run in the freeroll this week got 15th last week for 23 and change.

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always had my best success on Bo. However as many pointed out the memory hog is always annoying. I also like their SNG selection.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a Bodog fan myself. I hear everyone say support is the best and it does appear to be, I've just not had to use them. The games are definitely soft. What tilts me most is the horrible software and their attitude towards both winning players and personal trackers. This has caused me to avoid them on principle alone, because I don't agree with their "Recreational Player Model" (yes, that's their official marketing term for eschewing winning players in favor of fish). One of their VP's actually stated that winning players were bad for the poker economy.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada