Error message when opening ACR

T

tifsimmons14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Does anyone know what this means or how to fix this?
Whenever I open ACR a box comes up that says: "There was a problem decompressing. Please download the setup file again and install it. ERROR: EPERM operation not permitted"

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your problem may be due to the fact that a couple of days ago the ACR completely abandoned all old Windows models - now only Windows 10 and better are supported.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Your problem may be due to the fact that a couple of days ago the ACR completely abandoned all old Windows models - now only Windows 10 and better are supported.
they better finally develop a decent mobile App. never seen such a crappy mobile app than the one from ACR.
Looks refurbished but no tournament visible no matter how you set the filter.... only cashgame is working.
And still the same lame ass generic avatar for everybody lol

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see I have windows 10 on my desktop but it doesn't work either

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I see I have windows 10 on my desktop but it doesn't work either
On your Windows 10 computer, I would click type "Control Panel" in search bar then open "Contol Panel" by clicking on the "Contol Panel icon" then under "Programs" click on "Uninstall a Program" then double click on AmericasCardroom version 1. (whaterver version you have)" then I would also uninstall Blackchip poker or any other "Winning Poker Network" client from your machine. After the previous steps are complete open file explorer by clicking on the little tan file icon on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen then in the left panel scroll until you see "This PC" and click on it, then in the right panel double click on "Local Disk (C) icon and then right click on the "AmericasCardroom" folder and then click on delete, and repeat for any other folders that you deleted Winning Poker Network clients (like Black Chip Poker) in the previous uninstall program step. After you have done those steps, restart your computer and go to the Americas Cardroom site and download the software and install it, and see it works.

Last edited:
Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I didn't see any problems with Windows 10 after the update, everything works fine. I also read problems with early versions of Windows.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
they better finally develop a decent mobile app. never seen such a crappy mobile app than the one from ACR.
Looks refurbished but no tournament visible no matter how you set the filter.... only cashgame is working.
And still the same lame ass generic avatar for everybody lol
I completely agree with you. But I wouldn't say that their PC app is much better.:D:D

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I completely agree with you. But I wouldn't say that their PC app is much better.:D:D
agreeing with that too hahaha. but at least you can actually play a mtt. more or less lol

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am now trying to put ACR on an android tablet but no success with that either. When I click on download now button it does not show a mobile app option, just Windows and Macs. Has anyone installed ACR on a mobile android device lately?

R

rachita

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I did all of these steps and when it finally downloads and gets to launch i receive error EPERM operation not permitted

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I tried the new version now, downloaded for WIndows 10, working fine, no issues.

Will test on my Android later.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While i agree their mobile app is the absolute worst on the market, their desktop software definitely is not and its a lot better than the mobile app.

if u would have played on that site years ago u would know how much better, smoother and lighter it is by now. Me personally, I would take that software over the softwares of party and 888 all day everyday.

Last edited:
R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I managed to get ACR onto my android tablet but after looking for the tourney I wanted to play off and on all day yesterday I had to finally give up and I missed playing in it. Rather frustrating.

D

dreamcastrocks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have the exact same error. Was using the software just fine last night on my Win 11 Home laptop.

This morning it did its update thing and then the error:

"There was a problem decompressing. Please download the setup file again and install it. ERROR: EPERM operation not permitted"

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Found this online, it may help. Try and let everyone know.

"This is occurring because windows is not giving permission to the user to create a folder inside system drive. To solve this:
Right Click
The Folder > Properties > Security Tab
Click on Edit to change Permissions > Select the user and give Full Control to that user."

I have the ACR software installed on a laptop and desktop both running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 with Windows 11 compiant hardware, and a desktop running the same Windows version without Windows 11 compliant hardware and I have not run into the problem yet. So I can't test any fix.

Last edited:
D

dreamcastrocks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I was able to fix my issue.

Apparently, the file was set to be marked for deletion, but it was never successfully deleted, even after you restart your computer.

First you have to be able to view hidden files.

Open File Explorer from the taskbar. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Secondary Steps to Resolve:
1. Hold down SHIFT key on your keyboard and click on Restart (restart your computer)
2. When the new screen opens select Troubleshoot.
3. Select Enable Safe Mode.
4. Log in like normal.
5. Browse to C:\Users\'NameofYourUser'\AppData\Local\Temp.
6. Open the updapp-play folder. If you see the ACRPoker.exe file, remove it.
7. Remove the updapp-play folder.
8. Restart your machine. When it comes back, launch the app again. It will successfully extract this time.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was able to fix my issue.

Apparently, the file was set to be marked for deletion, but it was never successfully deleted, even after you restart your computer.

First you have to be able to view hidden files.

Open File Explorer from the taskbar. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Secondary Steps to Resolve:
1. Hold down SHIFT key on your keyboard and click on Restart (restart your computer)
2. When the new screen opens select Troubleshoot.
3. Select Enable Safe Mode.
4. Log in like normal.
5. Browse to C:\Users\'NameofYourUser'\AppData\Local\Temp.
6. Open the updapp-play folder. If you see the ACRPoker.exe file, remove it.
7. Remove the updapp-play folder.
8. Restart your machine. When it comes back, launch the app again. It will successfully extract this time.
Glad you got it working! Hopefully, this helps others with the same problem.