duplicate poker, is worthless, anyone play it?

S

sevenofone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Y duplicate poker does not work!!

ok, got 3$ free, won a small tourney then entered a $9 one. 6 tables 30 players so playing against other six players in my seat. First hand dealt AA in the BB. ALL FOLD to me!!!. Gues what? I come last on that hand..

I then come 1st in 7 of the remaining rounds and 3rd in one of them.

I still come 4th overall out of 6 and go out of the tournament????

How can this pretend to be skill based. Oh and the funny thing is that the hand i came 3rd in was with 35os that some one played and hit a gutshot on the river...yes it's about the skill.

Now it's coming off my computer,,,crap

K

KingOfFelt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I as well "enjoyed" my free $10. It's a good idea, but I can't see how it is more skilled based. I'm not claiming to be Einstein and I've never been good at strategy games, but I just don't see it. I figure the LESS you know about your opponents the MORE luck is involved.

It is very possible I'm missing something, but that's my opinion for now. It was still fun though and free is free, but I would never deposit.

P

PrinceSheba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More Skill, that's a joke

I played quite a lot there. It is mostly luck because if you get stuck on a table where someone is desperate early then you can no longer play any hands without having to go all in every time! Tell me how fair that is! If a couple of your "real" opponents on the other tables are able to play "normally" because their tables are not filled with desperation, then your only hope is to challenge the all-in idiot at your table and get lucky. Real fun......

To me it is retarded poker, their claims it is more pure skill are silly.

I don't recommend it at all. It simply encourages chasing, bad habit for hold'em.