Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Any members here play at the site GG Poker?

If so, can you tell me about your experience on there.

scaleyback

scaleyback

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play regularly on there when the player pools were much smaller. And have occasionally played on there recently.

IMO its probably one of the softest rooms available with a huge percentage of players being from the Asian market, so tons of action.

Other than the GG series the Sats tend to overlay a lot and are super soft. ( I binked a 3k score in the blade $250 special from a $20 sat).

They target rec players heavily so the fields are super soft up to maybe $50 in MTTs.

The flip side of this is that A LOT of the MTT structures are turbo / bordering on hyper turbo. This is the case for almost all of the bounty hunter comps, the daily blues and daily reds. This is one of the reasons I don't play on there so much since the fields started growing. This also forces you to play more aggressive and comps tend to be super short stacked at the FT forcing action.

That said the MBP bounty comps have a better structure but all prizes are in Yen (converted to dollars when you cash though). These comps tend to attract more regs though even though they are targeting the Asian market specifically.

The bounty format is probably a little different from any other site, you are awarded the full amount of what is on someones head rather than 25%/50%/75% like most other rooms.

The catch is however you are only awarded the money if you make it passed the bubble. so if you bust pre-bubble you don't get awarded anything. It does add an interesting dynamic however with the aim of the game being to get bounties and cash too, IMO this forces people to play a bit tighter than usual some times bordering on sat strategy.

The daily mains are good value with a decent structure and tons of good sats.

Cash games are also soft, rush and cash format is interesting (their version of rush / zoom) with no bb/sb and all players putting in an anti each hand, this makes it very swingy with many players trying to just take down the pot pre flop where possible so a standard raise tends to be 4x - 7x. They usually have a bunch of promos running on rush and cash so they tend to be reg infested.

The software is pretty good IMO and they are actively improving it with each update. No huds allowed but they do have a very basic hud for vpip embeded. you can also view previous mtt results for players at your table just by clicking on them.

deposits and withdrawls are straight forward, ive always had my money next day when withdrawing through either skrill or to my debit card.

Hope that helps dude, if you need to know anything else let me know

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Only freerolls . Deposit and withdrawal via Sberbank visa . After adoption of the law on a ban of game sites-I didn't Lodge and I didn't bring . So I can't say anything .

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can USA players play at GG?

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're seriously wants to stay on top with PS, PP! It's really cool for multiply rooms , very large selection of tournaments.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have just started there. Finding even what would be considered normal blinds such as 10 minute levels increase more dramatically than on Stars and PP. I would rather a slower pace. Rewards program from a quick glance looks good. Would rather not have all the gimmicks such as having to flip over your cards every hand (this just takes that extra second which can be a pain playing lots of tables) or being able to uncover cards (is it great to be able too see you would have won if you called?) or the slow river turn over? For me these gimmicks do not add anything although others may enjoy them.

The fields do seem softer though which is good.

But as stated the main negative for me is the blinds going up too quick.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me a very good page although I haven't played much so far ..
The issue of having to flip your cards at the beginning of each hand is configurable from the settings.
I find the software very interesting and it works very well.
In general it seems to me a good page.

Greetings and succeses at the tables !!!

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started playing after seeing Daniel playing on his vlog. i really liked the way you see the cards. just like ive. really like gameplay . and now with cardschat having freeroll there i really try to play them.

approved 100%

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me a very good page although I haven't played much so far ..
The issue of having to flip your cards at the beginning of each hand is configurable from the settings.
I find the software very interesting and it works very well.
In general it seems to me a good page.

Greetings and succeses at the tables !!!

Thanks, will defo look for that setting to change. It's not a big thing but would just prefer to concentrate on the game play.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have an account on GGPoker and played some tournaments. I really like the client, they have many kind of games and soft players. But the tournaments is not various like pokerstars.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed if you get any kind of network connection error you have to restart the client making recovery longer which is a pain.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played only a few CardsChat freerolls, but I can say that the software is very good, it doesn't lose anything to the PokerStars software. I already tested several softwares and only liked the PS. GG was the second that I really liked.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only CardsChat freerolls because I play a lot more at Natural8

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at GG and there's a lot to like I would recommend. A good selection of cash and Mtts for all buyins.
A good range of deposit options. They do a fish buffet bonus scheme for frequent player points which give you a little boost to the bankroll.
They also have a promotion at the moment for $100 worth of wsop tickets upon registering.
I have found the small stakes hypers particularly easy to at least min cash in and have done so every time I've entered them although the profit isn't much it keeps the roll ticking over

Last edited:
S

Slowfood32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This room have an oficial licence?

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently start to play on GG :) but somehow still like pokerstars more...

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play on GG beacose PS is blocked in my country. GG is good but it has high buy ins everywhere

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any members here play at the site GG Poker?

If so, can you tell me about your experience on there.
GG is one of the best platforms I have played on. Not to mention the WSOP they had and the GGSOP coming up. Also great cash tables!

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GGPoker has the best graphic an d UX design, at least in desktop App. The visuals are intented to hook recs and it do a pretty good job!

They lacked promotions but as of this week they implemented like a "free ticket" each day you could redeem 25 cents everyday. Similar to Pokerstars but this is real money not playmoney, sou you can get your bankroll growing little by little if you got it to $0 :)

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to say that i am surprsised with number of players over there.
And yes, software is great.
The thing that i don't like is that they don't offer SNG's. I mean, it's really popular format, so have to admit that i don't understand that.