bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys

Yesterday I was playing and remembered that pokerstars used to have some mixed games freerolls

Those tournaments gave tickets for weekend tournaments with a good prizepool

I used to have a lot of fun playing those and also learned to play some interesting variants like 2-7 lowball

Do any of you remember these tournaments, and do you know why they don't exist anymore?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember playing them in the olden days.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
They sound great.

I play regular on PP years ago. They used to have daily $1 tournaments and if you played 3 out of 5 of them in the week, you got an invite to a $1000 added tournament at weekend.

It would be great to see something like this on PokerStars

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes I remember I was also able to learn some other poker variants there. And the nice thing about it was that you could also pass on the tickets and I did that a few times back then,

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember those astronomers freerolls (they were all named after astronomers like Hubble, Galileo and Copernicus).
I played them all as tickets were very easy to win since the majority playing them had no idea what they were doing.

Trying to remember all the different games and these are what I can recall.

NL Holdem
PL Holdem
NL Omaha
PL Omaha Hi/Low
Stud
Stud Hi/Low
Razz
Badugi
2-7 NL single draw
2-7 PL triple draw

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play in those as well. I wish they would bring something back like that where you could win coins so you could play The Deal

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really liked these tournaments, they were very good.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I used to play in those as well. I wish they would bring something back like that where you could win coins so you could play The Deal
How do you even win coins? Always wondered this

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't know that they are existed as freerolls, but in real money these days I'm mainly playing mixed games on Pokerstars. There's a very big variety of games, from 1.1-3.3$ you can find all of the game types what PS has, and of course you can merit from higher buy-ins too. They even involve these type of games to the big series which are held on PS.
They are definitely fun, and relaxing for me. :)

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Do any of you remember these tournaments, and do you know why they don't exist anymore?
I loved them. They were named after famous astronomer and therefore were called "astronomers freerolls". I played them as often as I could and enjoyed playing the other games. I don´t know why and when these tournaments dissappeared but I still have some tickets. Guess they are pretty useless now :LOL:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I admit I dont recall those games when we played on poker stars. I mainlty just played no limit and probally just ignored them. its sad so many of us will never get the chance to play those games on that site again. I hope I am wrong on that comment but 12 years and waiting later I have lost faith it will happen.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember those astronomers freerolls (they were all named after astronomers like Hubble, Galileo and Copernicus).
I played them all as tickets were very easy to win since the majority playing them had no idea what they were doing.

Trying to remember all the different games and these are what I can recall.

NL Holdem
PL Holdem
NL Omaha
PL Omaha Hi/Low
Stud
Stud Hi/Low
Razz
Badugi
2-7 NL single draw
2-7 PL triple draw
Can't believe I never noticed that the names were after astronomers o_O

I remember that Hubble was the NL Holdem tournament, and the field was huge, but in the other variants the field was so small and so bad that if you just knew the rules of the game you would basically guarantee your ticket

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi guys

Yesterday I was playing and remembered that Pokerstars used to have some mixed games freerolls

Those tournaments gave tickets for weekend tournaments with a good prizepool

I used to have a lot of fun playing those and also learned to play some interesting variants like 2-7 lowball

Hello.
I remember these tournaments, but I never played in them. I prefer to play only one type of poker and improve my skills in only one direction. That way, I think, I will be able to achieve better results faster.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really liked these tournaments, they were very good.

View attachment 324833
They used to be in all the chests even the ones the micro players got but now i guess only the high rollers get them. And I rememember when the Deal was on Full Tilt you could get lots of coins by playing freerolls. When Full Tilt and pokerstars became one I made a big mistake and used up almost all my coins at once playing The Deal because I thought I might lose them after the amalgamation.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can't believe I never noticed that the names were after astronomers o_O

I remember that Hubble was the NL Holdem tournament, and the field was huge, but in the other variants the field was so small and so bad that if you just knew the rules of the game you would basically guarantee your ticket
HUBBLES was 10,000 entrants and it always filled up! I think they ran once per hour. I believe it was top 70 finishers received a ticket to play in another Weekly freeroll held on the following Sunday. (ask me how I know, lol).

HUBBLES!!!!!!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember and played a lot, I still have expired tickets from these tournaments of the year 2014

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HUBBLES was 10,000 entrants and it always filled up! I think they ran once per hour. I believe it was top 70 finishers received a ticket to play in another Weekly freeroll held on the following Sunday. (ask me how I know, lol).

HUBBLES!!!!!!
I'm obliged to ask now

How do you know?

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

HUBBLES!!!!!!
I remember that the number of tickets in the prize pool varied depending on the game. The Hubble was either 70 or 90 tickets, but other games had like 30, 40 or 50.
Even with limited tickets the oddball games were super easy because a lot of the players never bothered reading the rules. More than 1 time people were confused and wondering why they didn't win a hand in 2-7 when they had a pair.;)

I think near the end they increased the field in the Hubble to 12000 and there were 2 $2k freerolls on the weekend to use these tickets, 1 each on Saturdays and Sundays.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was a set amount of tickets up for grabs in them and I seem to remember thinking I had more than enough chips to get a ticket and thinking I could just fold my way home only to find out I didnt. So there was a bit of skill involved in knowing how many chips was enough to go into fold everything mode

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
used to play it too was fun when it lasted :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Unlike others, these tournaments welcome the strong player, not the good player. Since 2006, several H.O.R.S.E tournaments have taken place at the world series of poker. Victory in any of these events is an indicator of special skill, gaming versatility. Why they canceled them I have no idea.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unlike others, these tournaments welcome the strong player, not the good player. Since 2006, several H.O.R.S.E tournaments have taken place at the World Series of Poker. Victory in any of these events is an indicator of special skill, gaming versatility. Why they canceled them I have no idea.

They were freerolls with huge number of entrants in them. I believe they ran once per hour, 24hours/day back when online poker was booming!

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I just stumbled into this game by accident. I didn't immediately understand what was going on 😀