Do poker sites give goodwill gestures to players that offer them help?

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows do poker sites offer goodwill gestures, for players that are willing to help them by showing them evidence of a problem with their software.

I have video, picture, and hand number on the hand replayer of a game I played recently that I think one of the big companys would be really interested in.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows do poker sites offer goodwill gestures, for players that are willing to help them by showing them evidence of a problem with their software.

I have video, picture, and hand number on the hand replayer of a game I played recently that I think one of the big companys would be really interested in.

I think the best way to find out is to contact that same site on which you played the hand. Tell them what it's all about and see what they have to say.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi There,

What's the hand?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There,

Some sites offer a bounty for any bugs you discover and send to them.

But honestly - I would just be content with an apology and a fix....which still might not happen....lol

Good luck !

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you are sure of yours, of course, let the site know and I think they will respond if this idea suits them or you find an error in their actions, this always attracts sites and they will be pleased to welcome you and may even offer you their terms or offers and can also give you money or other privileges so feel free to tell them

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi There,

If you are sure you saw something which is worthy to report then go ahead!. Especially PS loves collusion allegations :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
....hmm this sounds like a shady premise, if they don't offer you something are you not going to report a problem with the software??.., why would any site but the one you saw it on be interested?, things that make you go hmmm....

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
"If you have knowledge of any unfair practices or integrity breaches associated with WPT Global, and you can provide clear and concrete evidence that our team can verify and take action with, you may be eligible for a financial reward."

"The likelihood of receiving a reward increases with the strength of the verifiable evidence that you provide."

Hey @paulw , Check out out our "Rewarding Integrity in Poker (RIP)" page for the complete info.

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There,

Hi Guys had some great feedback from this thread and its really appreciated, I will give you the basics of the situation.

its not any site its one particular site that I played on recently, its not my regular site, I am not out of pocket, its not a big deal to me, infact I was paid out as the winning hand in a cash game, when my opponent was the 100% the winner he never got paid, the replayer proved what I thought, that it was played out to the very end, and that there was a massive error, paying me as the winner for a hand which I never had, and my opponent clearly was the real winner when he made a pair. my winning's came to only 4.5bb's in a smallish cash game, it was a 6 handed game which was folded round to heads up, the money my opponent lost was small, but really thats not the point

I am a regular small stakes online player and live player with probably well over a million or many more hands, This has never happened to me before, and in my 20 years of playing have never heard this happen to anyone else, so it makes me think of other people when we hear the words (online poker is fixed), well in my case it was 100% not true, my guess it was probably a bug or worse? could the software be hacked?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I was playing PLO and there was a guy multi-accounting and they refunded the losing players funds, I explained that I had won money, but I would have won more and they gave me some funds. I thought this was a nice gesture.

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to find out is to contact that same site on which you played the hand. Tell them what it's all about and see what they have to say.
hi najisam, thanks for the feedback, the problem I have is getting through to poker sites, when I have had a complaint's in the past it sometime's, it has been forgotton about without replys, this is not a complaint and it really is in their interest to get straight to higher managment.

If you are sure you saw something which is worthy to report then go ahead!. Especially PS loves collusion allegations :)
Thanks for the feedback G0930 in my hand it not about collusion

"If you have knowledge of any unfair practices or integrity breaches associated with WPT Global, and you can provide clear and concrete evidence that our team can verify and take action with, you may be eligible for a financial reward."

"The likelihood of receiving a reward increases with the strength of the verifiable evidence that you provide."

Hey @paulw , Check out out our "Rewarding Integrity in Poker (RIP)" page for the complete info.
Thanks for the info Ami in my case I have found probably a bug in the software or a possible possibly worse

if you are sure of yours, of course, let the site know and I think they will respond if this idea suits them or you find an error in their actions, this always attracts sites and they will be pleased to welcome you and may even offer you their terms or offers and can also give you money or other privileges so feel free to tell them
Hi Gallararado 777, Thanks for the feedback, still thinking of the best way to go forward with this cheers.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Guys had some great feedback from this thread and its really appreciated, I will give you the basics of the situation.

its not any site its one particular site that I played on recently, its not my regular site, I am not out of pocket, its not a big deal to me, infact I was paid out as the winning hand in a cash game, when my opponent was the 100% the winner he never got paid, the replayer proved what I thought, that it was played out to the very end, and that there was a massive error, paying me as the winner for a hand which I never had, and my opponent clearly was the real winner when he made a pair. my winning's came to only 4.5bb's in a smallish cash game, it was a 6 handed game which was folded round to heads up, the money my opponent lost was small, but really thats not the point

I am a regular small stakes online player and live player with probably well over a million or many more hands, This has never happened to me before, and in my 20 years of playing have never heard this happen to anyone else, so it makes me think of other people when we hear the words (online poker is fixed), well in my case it was 100% not true, my guess it was probably a bug or worse? could the software be hacked?
Honestly in most such cases it's a case of the player misreading the board/hands rather than the software. Why dont you post the hand here making the game format clear?

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would contact them directly and show them the evidence. greetings

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I doubt it, they are more annoyed that you are reporting problems with their software. unibet threw me a hissy fit when I told them their client lags.