Disappointed - Late Registration

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just won a $109 ticket for SCOOP and read about the 4 hour late reg and 15k chips SICK

i think i will take part after 2 -3 hours

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just won a $109 ticket for SCOOP and read about the 4 hour late reg and 15k chips SICK

i think i will take part after 2 -3 hours

Having played with you quite a bit I'd actually advise you to jump in within the 1st hour as I think you will be able to knock out alot of the donkeys in some of the early levels getting it in with the nuts vs their awesome 2 pair/overpair hands and by the time you reach the point you were thinking of you could easily have a 50k stack to play with :)

Either way whatever you decide to do best of luck with the game

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused as to why we are against more chooses for players and larger prize pools?

Guys, you can play anytime you want, but if you know going in there is a long reentry/entry period, you cannot complain about signing up and then experiencing just that.

That makes no sense....

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
or do not play at all if you don't like the structure of the game.

:D

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 1 hour of late registration is just fine, but everything over that is to much.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything can happen, they can play a lot better with small stacks.

B

Bogdan Adrian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reg in slow tournaments it's ok :D You can buy in at 1 hour or 2 and still have a decent amount of BB. But in turbos... I don't know... It's quite risky as the orbit can take you a lot of BB when you try to find a spot to double up

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late entries are part of the game and are extremely common. It is risky to make a late entry, since often comes with less than average stack, but it can work.

S

socrastot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am of the opinion that late entries are good for everyone involved. The person entering the tournament late has the opportunity to play when he/she otherwise would not have. The early entry people have the advantage of having studied the table longer than the late entry peeps. They also have had the opportunity to build up their stacks and see more hands. Finally, late entry makes for larger prizes.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, a lot of different good points. Get used to it.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with 3 hours being way too long. Especially in high stakes tourneys. I know the name of the game is $$ profits but honestly it takes away from the game having grinding 3 full hours and someone can still join. 1hr MAX seems legit to me, and with people have full knowledge of when tourneys are starting I think a 1hr grace period is MORE than fair.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
late entries is not bad for the game . if it s rebuy then it s not bad at all cos u can Keep on reloading if lose . thats wht most wth bigger br does. but if u ve smaller br then late entry is really no no .. too risky

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The worst part is how many places they pay out and the gross way it is structured.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reduce late entries and add more mtt's. but dont listen to me cause i hardly play now because of this. lol and the poker sites say business in down lol i wonder why. Come on poker sites it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Once upon a time i heard a business owner say screw em till they cant take it anymore then fold up and take it all. Then do it again they dont get it. (as he laughed all the way to the bank) yup the jokes on us lmao<=ranting

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never register late, if only in freerolls. Don't understand who do this. Later entry - bigger blinds. And stack lower middle. You haven't enough time to wait your AA-KK. And often have to play push-or-fold.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as I hate re entries if you want to have big prize pools your just going to have to deal with it. There simply just isn't enough players to have big prize pools without reentries. While the late registers can be annoying at times it's also nice to pick of some of these players that are going to be shoving with weak hands.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late reg either but you can make choice like everybody else. If there's too long late reg I personally tend to register later too.... It is perhaps riskier but there are many factors to consider.