damm chasers!!!

F

fredel1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing omaha hi, pot limit...1k/2k play money. (nope...i aint rich!!)
i raised with a good hand preflop to the pot limit, 2 called. hit the nut flush on the flop, and raised to the pot limit again. one player dropped off, leaving one. since i had the nut flush, i knew he must be chasing a boat.(no pair on the table yet) another spade hits on the turn, again no pair..
so i raise to the limit again. pot is getting huge at this point..he calls again, does not go over the top, so i am now 100% certain he is still chasing. and the board pairs on the river...and i get a totally sick feeling , because i know thats what he wanted. and he goes all in...and i have to call, praying that its a bluff..and of course its not..and my flush was busted.

The point is, there are idiots like this all the time in this game, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. you have to play your hand when you know you have the best of it. the only thing I could have done differently was fold on the river...and with that much invested, another 25% doesnt make that much difference. the hardest thing to do is to take it in stride.

It was those same kind of idiots who put over 2 million chips in my play account that morning...chasing!!
so dont let it bug you that much. in the long run, you will own them.