Dafa Poker review

B

buttgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This site is a serious oddball. It's a member if the iPoker network and land-based in the Philippines. It bills itself as the largest poker site for Asian players and peaks at about 20,000 or 25,000 players at one time.

The main feature of this site is its interface, which I've never seen before. It's a garish thing full of reds and yellows and somewhat buggy. Every time I log on I get a script error.

Ring game action on this site sucks. Tables are either empty or have waiting lists of up to 6 people. MTTs are decent and the SNGs are very good. The predominant SNG action is Omaha, although there are HE and Stud games as well.

Deposit takes the usual forms with a $20 minimum. When I deposited using a mastercard I got a phone call from support verifying my identity, which is one step farther than most poker sites go. Cashout requirements are fairly draconian--you have to photocopy the front AND back of your driver's licence as well as two recent utility bills and the credit card you used to deposit, and when you try to cash out they email you a form you have to sign and scan back. They don't issue checks, just bank drafts, and the minimum is $100.

The software is biased toward genuine bad beats--not the garbage you get on some sites where a duffer sucks out with 72 offsuit against your AA, but more like three players getting AA, KK, and JJ in the same hand. The players are fairly tough from my perspective and I figure you have to be pretty good to make money here.

All in all, this site is an interesting choice off the beaten path, but people who already have a favourite site shouldn't throw it over in order to go there.

buttgirl

B

buttgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stupid prize structure

This is about the 50-cent SNGs on Dafa, and even if you don't play Dafa you might find it interesting.

At the 6-max SNGs the top two get paid and top prize is $2.10. At the 10-max SNGs top three get paid and top prize is $2.50.

Silly, because you can shave off 40% of the opponents for a sacrifice of 40 cents, which is less than the buyin.

I don't know what genius came up with this one, and why anyone bothers to play the 10-max SNGs at all.

buttgirl

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I-Poker is a network, and several different skins operate on it, including Titan, and paddy power, so the player base is coming from lots of different countries not exclusively asian.

TBH, why you are playing on a site that makes you jump through so many hoops to cash out is a mystery to me, just stick to the bigger sites. They are more secure, less likely to go bust, and less buggy.

Oh, and I'm assuming that your non-US. Set up a neteller account.