Crazy Players

S

shine111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I played at a bar poker league the other night, for fun, and was surprised to find such crazy(as in mentally unstable) players. First off, this is a free game and prizes are chips, T-shirts, hats, etc......We were down to 2 tables and this guy goes all in before the flop...I decided to call with my King-Jack, he went all in the last two times around the table, and I decided he couldn't have a good hand every time, so I call. He ended up having pocket 10's, but I beat him on the turn...This guy gets irate, goes on and on for a good half an hour...calls me every name in the book and will not drop it...He is standing over me the rest of the night making comments here and there as he drinks his beer, saying "I cant believe you would call with a K-J .. yada yada yada ....My question is: How do you handle a situation like this? Especially when the poker director does absolutely nothing but tell the guy to drop it over and over .... but he never does. I was in such disbelief that this person was so upset that I didn't know what to do in that moment.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask him what you should have done, fake interest in his answer, but keep interupting him saying "sorry, hang on a second, i've got to play this hand - i'm still in the tournament". If that doesn't work, either punch him or start crying, depending on his size.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OR the best on ever ! Say i thought i had KK sorry :) then call yourself such a donk.

Ive done it......it works LOL only against idiots thugh

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or "2 men beats 2 10's doesn't it?"

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really much you can do as these folks think they should never lose a hand. The worst site I've seen for this is Fulltilt, saw a guy go on for 20 minutes when his AK offsuit got beat by pocket jacks...

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also play in a bar league and laugh when people get upset about losing. Nothing worse than poker players who think just because they had a slightly better hand than you, it should hold up 100% of the time. I hate being in a bar because sometimes they hang around and drink (idiot + alcohol = trouble).

You should not have to put up with hecklers while you are still in the game. If you had a break coming up wait for it and confront the director and tell him you need that guy to leave or shut up. He says another word about that hand he has to go. It is not fair and you should not have to listen to a heckler from off the table.

If he still doesn't do anything, go find the bar owner and tell him the situation and get him to try and do something. He can tell the tournament director to do something or he can talk to the guy himself.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just laugh when he yells at me. Sometimes I'll shrug my shoulders and say "that's poker" or "didn't know you wanted a T-shirt THAT bad."

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
Ask him what you should have done, fake interest in his answer, but keep interupting him saying "sorry, hang on a second, i've got to play this hand - i'm still in the tournament". If that doesn't work, either punch him or start crying, depending on his size.
This answer is priceless. The problem is being a bar leauge I would probably be drunk so it would be in my Redneck nature to smack the snot out of him if he wouldn't leave me alone.