PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Online poker is legal in these states - Nevada, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Michigan. All the big name brands have rooms but the player pools are localised only i.e. you can only play with players in that state.

In other states and in US in general you can play on unregulated sites like America's Card Room, Betonline and SportsBetting Poker. While they are unregulated and technically illegal to play on they have been operating for years and have not been shut down. I am not in US and I play on these rooms too. I have not have any issues with them.
is Online Poker still forbidden in US?

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Betonline is a good site because you get cross traffic from sports betters. Win big at the football game and throw some chips around at poker.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is legal in these states - Nevada, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Michigan. All the big name brands have rooms but the player pools are localised only i.e. you can only play with players in that state.

In other states and in US in general you can play on unregulated sites like America's Card Room, Betonline and SportsBetting Poker. While they are unregulated and technically illegal to play on they have been operating for years and have not been shut down. I am not in US and I play on these rooms too. I have not have any issues with them.

Paragraph 1: Is this to prevent fake online players? What sense would it make to localise?

Par 2: Thanks for the info. You actually had the foresight to include the next bit of info I would ask since those sites are unregulated. Thumbs up and cheers!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I am not 100% sure why it is localised. I think (guess) it is part of the legal framework for operating.
Paragraph 1: Is this to prevent fake online players? What sense would it make to localise?

Par 2: Thanks for the info. You actually had the foresight to include the next bit of info I would ask since those sites are unregulated. Thumbs up and cheers!

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why you use them I banned some games in some states

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not 100% sure why it is localised. I think (guess) it is part of the legal framework for operating.

the legal part of operating is usually caused by reasons... i wanted to actually understand the reasons behind

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understand it, its not illegal to play online poker in the US, but it is illegal to offer those services and to accept wire transfers from US bank accounts. And its not like, it was "legal" to play on pokerstars, Full Tilt and other sites prior to Black Friday. These sites were also "unregulated" back then, just like ACR and Betonline are today. So the only difference between 2010 and 2022 is, there are less sites available for US players now, than there were back then, and getting money in and out of sites can be a bit more complicated and include methods such as crypto currency.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
There apparently aren't any poker rooms operating there as yet but it is legal in the state.

Below is an excerpt from another site with a summary of the details

2022 01 26 101739

Are you sure about West Virgina? Which site is operating there?