Conspiracy Theory

D

Demonikal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
alright this has no evidencial (is that even a word) value but something ive noticed the last 9 months online...

ive noticed this at almost every place online (especially pstars), when in tourney's or sng's i have noticed that when i or someone else has the chip lead, the cards just seem to never end..sure a few J2os's are tossed but for the most part i really cant stay out of a hand if i even wanted to...just non-stop rock solid hands....

i bet you see where this is going..

anyway when im the ss or anyone else for that matter...cant get cards to save our lives...the OCCASIONAL AQo or hell at some points 34s looks good...not saying that 34s is at all a good play for a ss especially but thats how bad it gets

for instance i was just the ss at a table...after i became ss i recieved the following hands (almost none of which i would see as chip lead, at least to this volume)
27o-4x
27s-1x
2Qo-2x
3Ao-3x
J4o-1
25o-12x(!!)
6To-lost track
35s-2x

i could go on and on...but anyway you get the idea....
chip leaders-get more cards and not just because they can afford more risky plays...they are generally solid hands...
short stacks-generally get the worst crap (again not saying all hope is lost, but %85 of the cards will be pure garbage)

onto theory...could poker rooms..oh..i dunno change the % rates on cards recieved based on stack sizes? even if they did...why would they? especially in sng's where this is no rake.

i could see (but not agree) doing it in ring games based on the fact that top tier hands induce major betting and that top stacks are more likely to bet more on them than ss
but even if so, rakes are capped so i still cant see any good enough reason for them to F with the randomization

anyway just something ive noticed over time, and only mentioning it because its just way too frequent

(again this whole thing doesnt mean chip leads get solid cards, and ss's get garbage %100 of the time, but i really do believe it is at least a majority of the time)

and yes..i have a tendancy to over-describe crap

thoughts?

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the amount of money these sites make why would they even rig a single hand and risk losing everything?

Play online happens at a faster rate and unless it is physically impossible for certain hands to come up (ie 5 aces) then anything can and will and does happen.

B

bakl68

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I don't think it's rigged. It's just due to the fact that you are seeing a lot more hands online than you would in a live game. Plus, a lot of people play those marginal hands, so while you may think you catch them a lot, and maybe fold them more often, others may get them as well but bet them.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a complicated thought but someone needs to look deeply into the random number generators the sites use. Seems to me that if there is one RNG for the whole site then there would be occassions where one table would get a skewed number of good hands while another tables gets alot of bad hands. Now if each table had a separate RNG then the hands would truelly be random. Just a thought I really haven't looked into it but is a thought I had.

lopsdy

lopsdy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Conspiracy?

I have noted the same thing. I've all so notice players log on and you can't see their chip count always seem to have the one card on the river that can beat you. Your money seems to disappear when these guys are around.:rolleyes:

B

brnsturg sux

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
these sites arent "rigged" per se. they just allow the guy with more money to win way more frequently than they lose.

W

WesCharge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are rishing too much money to rig a game....players do play together however...

PokRok

PokRok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Business is business

I do not believe they are rigged, poker is experiencing a massive boom at the moment, so business is good, no business is going to risk all of that by rigging games or hands, it's just not good sense!

Added to that, RNG are just that, random, so you could theoretically sit there for eternity and consistently get 27o or something similar, that's just the way it goes.

If Cardschat wanted to look into it more, they could compile a database of hands at specific sites, with specific chip readings, with the site membership, the results may have enough volume to be worth looking into?

C

CoachMKV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe that they rig their games but I do see that every now and then. Also, along those lines, I've notice in ring games, on the flop there's usually a combination of hands that could happen<----straight draw w a flush draw....so my top pair or even set is no good.....or pair on the flop(5s,5d,Jd) w a flush possibility. I've noticed many flops that can cause a lot of action....Is it just me?

PokRok

PokRok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the thing with that is that you notice the flush draws, you notice the straight draws, you notice the pairs, but who remembers a 2d, 9s, 5c coming out on the flop?

It's like a lot of things, you can convince yourself that it happens a lot, because you remember it a lot, but what you don't remember is the run of the mill events because there is nothing remarkable or memorable about them at all!

A

allin1090

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason you see all those things on tv is beacuase it is time shortened and they only show the good hands.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been wirting software for more than 20 years and have dealt with some random number generator algorithms. I was working on one for a statistical analysis program and found out truly difficult it is to write one. What I discovered is that depending on how the generator is "seeded" (be it system time, etc.) they will have a tendancy to favor certain numbers or sequences.

I notice that while I played on pokerstars they seemed to flop Aces constantly while at Noble it's middle cards. I agree that no company will risk rigging the games; however, the random number generator used in their software may make things happen more often.

Perhaps hi chip stack is used as the seed in some software...?

D

Demonikal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
irishdave, yes pstars is absolutely notorious for flopping aces...i actually brought this to their attention at one point and got the same jargon that it is all truly random, which they may totally believe, but im to the point i will not call an all in with KK simply because id have to say an A comes on the board %60 of the time (i will work on actual figures for this)

N

neonails

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chip leaders tend to play more handsand are good at finishing hands early. i have been in some tournes where i have only one 6 or so hands to reach final table. cards run funny all the time not just when ur winning.