Chat Disabled during all in

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's clear that this rule is to prevent collusion ; and it's true, cause someone can reveal his cards , so the others players will get an easier decision to make, call or fold.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't make any sense if you ask me.

If there is a really big pot on the turn and/or river what's stopping someone from commenting that they had folded quads/boat/flush and etc.

I mean we all had those garbage hands that miraculously flops trips/straights/full house/ even quads! However because of poker etiquette, most people don't talk about their hand until after the current hand is over. It would be messed up if someone bets over the pot trying to bluff a hand for example xxx44 and someone mentions that they had folded 44. They could be lying, but if they don't like the river bettor or they're friendly with the potential caller they can give them critical information.

So if they're going to disable the chat for an all-in they should just go ahead and disable the chat completely. I'd prefer the chat 24/7, even during an allin. Would make for some interesting comments.

Adubzz

Adubzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it isn't against the rules, it prevents angle shooting as well. Collusion being the main thing they are trying to prevent.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's because if for example two players go all in, and there are 7 more to talk and one of the all in players says his cards, he may have induce other with better cards to go all in too. I don't know that's what I think lol.

R

ratster147

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live game people never talk about their cards. Online people don't care. Especially in a knockout tourney.

I went all in with AK suited and got a call by ppl 8. After I won hand another player said they folded eights. If chat not disabled he may have folded knowing he was drawing dead.

Last edited by a moderator: