Changes to SnGs on ACR Poker (Winning Poker Network)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR Poker just made a number of changes to their single table SnG offerings:

* 9-man games were replaced with 8-man games still with a payout of 50/30/20
* 8-man games go on the hourly brakes
* Slight changes to the rake for turbo and hyperturbo games, so its now the same as for MTTs
* Slight changes to some buyins - $5 games were replaced with $6 games

Overall I really like these changes. Especially the idea, that 8-man SnGs go on hourly brakes, since this makes it much easier to combine MTTs and SnGs in the same session. Also a regular speed 9-man on ACR often lasted around 1½ hour, so the brakes are kind of needed, even if you only play SnGs. I also like the idea to replace 9-man games with 8-man games. 9-handed tables play really slow, so this change will speed up action a bit and is similar to, what most sites have done with their MTTs. What do other forum members think about these changes? :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more change, that I missed in my original post: Hyperturbo 9-man games and regular speed 6-man games were taken down. This is a simplification of game selection similar to, what pokerstars recently did. And it makes sense, because if someone is looking for a fast game, then why start with many players, and vice versa. What I really like here is, that ACR is actually trying to improve their SnG offerings rather than just removing games and hiking rake, like PokerStars has done. A big thumbs up for this :)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On their spin and gos they changed their min buy in to 5 dollars and I haven't logged in recently to see if that is where they are still at. I quit playing there when they did that. I don't suppose they would ever bring it back down to 2. That is one good thing about pokerstars. They still have the 25 cent buyin.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On their spin and gos they changed their min buy in to 5 dollars and I haven't logged in recently to see if that is where they are still at.
With regular SnGs they did the opposite and introduced $0.5 games, where previously $1.5 was the minimum except for On Demand games. Why not try some $1.5 6-man hyperturbo games? They are quite similar to Spin and Gos apart from the lack of a lottery element :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't play on ACR, just because I'm nervous about all the unregulated and I can choose from plenty of other sites that are regulated in the UK.

The changes do sound like good ones though. I wish PokerStars and 888 took a similar approach rather than just eliminating almost all SnGs, or in 888's case, literally all SnGs!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell me when they get HU SNGs for all the games they offer.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play on ACR, just because I'm nervous about all the unregulated and I can choose from plenty of other sites that are regulated in the UK.
Makes sense. And since you can play on partypoker, at least you have an alternative to PokerStars for SnGs. Dont see many british players on ACR either. The largest nationality is (obviously) americans, and the second largest russians. After that its a bit of everything. South americans, kiwis, some europeans.
HU SNGs are (almost) solved.
And with all the talk about bots on ACR Poker, this is definitely not a site, where I would want to play HU SnGs. They are ideal games for bots, because they are so simple, and as you say almost solved. They can be played on PokerStars, and this is significantly safer.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking 8-man games can fillup quicker.

And 8-man games will payout less than 9-man games...I will have to see if they're worth my time.

I like that the breaks coincide with MTT breaks.

For the record - I miss the HU SNGs. I guess I could beat the bots? lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking 8-man games can fillup quicker.
Dont think its a big difference though. Once the first 5-6 players are there, the rest usually fill quickly.
And 8-man games will payout less than 9-man games...I will have to see if they're worth my time.
Yes obviously the prices are a bit smaller, but you also win them more often.
I like that the breaks coincide with MTT breaks.
Yeah that is the main change I think. If its 9-man or 8-man is a little bit whatever.
For the record - I miss the HU SNGs. I guess I could beat the bots? lol
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played an 8-man and there was an option to vote to skip the upcoming break.

I think that has more of a chance of activation the 2nd break in the SNG because there are fewer players left.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today it was the turn of On-Demand SnGs to get a significant makeover. The changes are as follow:

* Games are now 8-max as opposed to 9-max before
* Hyperturbo games were added for all buy-in levels, and these play as 6-max
* $10 games were added to fill the gap between $6 and $15 games

So unlike PokerStars, which has more or less killed its MTT SnGs off, ACR Poker is doing the opposite and going all-in on the On-Demand SnG format. It will be interesting to see, if the new games are well received by players. I am definitely going to give the hyperturbos a shot, since the rake is cut in half, and players still get the same 60BB to start.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all very nice and as soon as I have more time to play i will play my sng's mainly on WPN.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
havent played any yet but the break is a great idea ! i dont mind the slow pace of 9 handed sng actually .... discipline and patience get rewarded .

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having 8-man SnGs go on the hourly brakes has been reversed already, so apparently it was not popular with the majority of players. The other changes still remain.