Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 3 days left to clear my bonus.

I've accumulated over 400 VIPPs and just found out that you have to get a minimum of 1500 points to qualify for any part of the bonus. it's not even prorated!!!

what a stupid piece of crap bonus. I already knew the clearing rate was absurdly slow but I thought I would at least get PART of it.

good lord. I don't love playing on Bovada, but clearing their bonus was easy, as was clearing the refer a friend bonus. why is carbon being so stingy and not even trying to compete with bovada on the bonus?

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is carbon being so stingy and not even trying to compete with bovada on the bonus?

Because we got nowhere else to go :(
No competition anymore is very bad for US players

pokertoi

pokertoi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing on Carbon, but I hate the updates, the not being able to do player to player transfers and the games that they discontinued. I miss the ladies games, it was fun playing with just the girls, was some tough competition and always pleasant.

A

Az4zel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not deposited on Carbon poker yet. But it is my preferred site to play. This is disappointing news. I am looking to make a deposit and assumed that they matched it up to at certain amount of hundreds of dollars.

So your saying that if i deposit say $100, i won't get my $100 dollar bonus.... untill i get a certain amount of VIP points?

I get it so they say they will give you the bonus and in the fine print it says you have to get an absurd amount of VIP to clear the bonus. meaning you have to get the VIP points in a certain amount of time. making it difficult to complete for most people. Sneaky little bastards aren't they. lol

Well its not gonna stop me from depositing but i gotta say i am a little put off by this. hopefully i can get my bonus, and thank you for the information.
-A

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not deposited on Carbon poker yet. But it is my preferred site to play. This is disappointing news. I am looking to make a deposit and assumed that they matched it up to at certain amount of hundreds of dollars.

So your saying that if i deposit say $100, i won't get my $100 dollar bonus.... untill i get a certain amount of VIP points?

I get it so they say they will give you the bonus and in the fine print it says you have to get an absurd amount of VIP to clear the bonus. meaning you have to get the VIP points in a certain amount of time. making it difficult to complete for most people. Sneaky little bastards aren't they. lol

Well its not gonna stop me from depositing but i gotta say i am a little put off by this. hopefully i can get my bonus, and thank you for the information.
-A

yeah, you've got it exactly right; it's more or less impossible to clear. They may as well claim a 500% bonus up to a million dollars, it wouldn't matter because there is no danger of anybody actually clearing it. I still like playing on there...it's just a shame.

so, for a reference point I play usually 4 times per week for a total of about maybe 10-12 hours per week. I usually play $1-$5 games usually several SnGs per night, and maybe 1 MTT per night. After 90 days I have earned 400 VIPPs and you need to earn 1,500 VIPPs to clear just the first $10 of your bonus. I deposited $250 and to clear my entire $500 200% bonus I would need to earn 75,000 VIPPs in 90 days....so....yeah.

A $1.10 SnG earns you 1.5 VIPPs. So, I'd have to play literally 50,000 $1 SnGs to clear my bonus....in 90 days. Or 555 SnGs every single day. If you play bigger stakes you can earn it faster, but then you're risking more of your bankroll and possibly going bust in the process.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
worse now

its a year later + things are even worse on carbon ! except for possible 'tell a friend' points bonuses there are not really any rewards at all for continuing players . since my account is now almost empty I have not tried withdrawing , but from what ive read that is a pain as well .

K

kingmcbeth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah those bonus reloads are a joke... i've never tried to reach those crazy demands

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bonuses weren't meant to be easy to clear, Bovada has one of the easier ones to clear. They are not just gonna give the money away you have to earn it.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bonuses weren't meant to be easy to clear, Bovada has one of the easier ones to clear. They are not just gonna give the money away you have to earn it.

sure, but I should be possible to at least clear part of it if you are playing several hours per week.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, but I should be possible to at least clear part of it if you are playing several hours per week.

I think the underlying flaw here is that "carbon doesn't give a damn about you". Reload + first depositor bonuses do not cater to recreational players, if they did... Carbon would need to hand out more cash than they want to. So the bonuses are really rewarding the biggest rake contributors AKA the mass grinders that can clear such a bonus

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd like to try to earn some' tell a friend ' bonus cash on carbon and or sporstbook poker , but given the cashout issues , lack of player points or decent freerolls , etc , I no longer even suggest those sites to my buddies .

G

Gypsy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank You for This Info.

Hello Jacki,

Another female responding here, LOL

Anyway, I thank you for this thread as I was considering adding "Carbon" to my active Poker Rooms. Currently I play on Bovada and America's Cardroom.

I STRONGLY suggest you check out ACR(Winning Poker Network rooms)

The Bonus IS clearable and not unrealistic AND you have some sweet Rakeback.

Yes indeed, we as USA Players are over a Barrel and I look forward to the day that the easing Legal System regarding online poker swings in our favor AND the completion of building the MGM Grand just 1 hour away from me here in MA.! LOL

I feel that ACR/Winning Poker Network is the least exploitive of our choices and they are kicking Carbon's ass. They just don't get the publicity that Bovada does.

Thank you so much for your Post as you prevented me from making a big "Bonus" mistake.

Regards,

Gypsy:)

PS-I receive no financial gain from Winning Poker Network for stating my opinions about them. These opinions are based on personal experience.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think the bonus is a joke, try cashing out!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Full flush deposit bonus also sucks.