Carbon Poker - Spyware on Two Computers

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may be pure coincidence but I still feel it is worth mentioning to everyone here.

Last night I was playing in the Carbon Freeroll on CC when all of the sudden a message came up telling me there were read errors on my Hard drive. From there a pop up appeared stating that windows was going into safe mode to try and fix these errors. I immediately disconnected from the internet and turned the computer off. Booted into safe mode and ran Malwarebytes. At the same time I noticed that new software had been installed on my PC called System Defragmenter. Malwarebytes ended up detecting this software removed it and I think I am back to normal.

While all of this was taking place I used my desktop to play the carbon tourney. After I got busted out I left the computer and carbon was still running. I tried to close it but my machine was locked up. Nothing I could do but power it off. That macine also had spyware loaded. I usually run my MWB a few times a week depending.

Anyway I removed Carbon from my machines just to be safe for now. The odd thing is that when you remove the carbon software they ask why you are removing it and one of the choices is spyware???

Like I said I have no evidence that carbon is to blame it was just the only program running last night that was the same on both computers and I felt is was important enouhg to mention to all of you.

I will most likely load Carbon back on for the FR next week :)